Thursday, October 10, 2024

Thursday Art

 Hi everyone. Happy Thursday to you. 

      Today I'm back with some art. I have a journal page for both Alison's Autumn  Colors and Inspiration challenge at Art Journal Journey and  for the as always Anything Goes challenge at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge. This is challenge #109 at Creative Artiste's Mixed Media challenge. I also have a tag for Tag Tuesday where Valerie is hosting with a theme of Seasons.

     First here's a journal page that is in my autumn journal that I made last month. It's a bit of a junk journal, but I'm very happy with it.


     I started my page with some various papers as well as some brown watercolor paint. The papers were layered, and the watercolor paint was added at the top right to fill in some space. I then added the 2 strips of washi tape, the left one is the wider brown with polka dots and the right one is the tiny arrows on the very edge of the page. I used a paper film frame I had around the birds face, and I added a scrap lace that was sitting on my table down at the bottom. 

     I then cut an already decorated tag out of a sheet of paper and added that. I thought the yellow flowers and the bee looked quite like autumn. To the top of the tag I added a little metal screw and a bit of the brown watercolor paint I used on my page just to link those 2 parts together. Then I added 3 metal pins/buttons that I've had for way too long in my stash. I also added a clear fall maple leaf as well as a medal sweetheart word which came from a TH set that I found back in the summer in a mark down pile.

    I finished my page by spraying some orange paint over it.

    And here's my tag for Valerie's tag challenge.


      I found this penguin image and decided that Valerie's challenge would be a great place to use it. After all, many penguins live where it is winter-like most  or all of the year.

     I inked my tag with blue and grey ink, and then I painted some snow and ice at the bottom. I added the penguin (I love how he is so big), and then I added this little snowflake. I dressed it up with a blue craft gemstone. Finally I stamped the yippee word because of course penguins love winter, but it's also cold, so I stamped the brrrr few random times.  I thought it needed to have a bit of motion to it, maybe there's some cold wind blowing, so you can see  it isn't straight or even. 

   That's all for me today. Have a great rest of your day.










No comments: