Friday, October 25, 2024

Fairy Houses


     Hi everyone. Happy Friday. Another week is winding down. Hope you've had a good one. I've spent mine doing a lot of cleaning, both outside and inside. Not a very exciting way to spend my time, but it's good to have it done except that the leaves have just decided to fall en mass off the trees in the last day so now raking awakes me-grin. 😏

     A few weeks back I met some friends at my local botanical garden. It was the Friday right before their final weekend and right before they close until next May. For their final weekend, the garden always has a fairy house festival with lots of scheduled activities. I've never been to the actual weekend, but on that Friday we visited, the fairy house competitors were setting up their displays.


     Some of these are quite clever, and I thought I'd share a few. I also learned how hard it is to take photos because most of these displays were 1) on the ground and 2) not more than a foot (24 cm) tall.

     These first 3 are from the fairy tale of the 3 little pigs. 




Then we have red Robin Hood.




I'm not sure about this one but it's a fun little garden.




Someone made a Peter Pan scene.


Another did Rapunzel.


It's hard to see much of the details on this next one, but it had a cool multistory  construction.


And my final one was even back lit and set within a removed stone from a pretty granite wall.


And here's the tree man that's rather hard to see in the above photo.


That's all for me. I'll be linking up to Gillena's Friday Lunch Break and if she's back with Friday Face Off, I'll also be linking up to Nicole's blog

Have a super weekend.











No comments: