Hi everyone. Its Tuesday so that means it's time for a new challenge over at Try It On Tuesday.
First let me thank everyone who joined our Emboss It challenge. I can tell people like to emboss because there were so many great link ups. ❤
Our newest challenge will also be fun because this time our challenge is all about Pretty Papers.
I used 4 sheets of paper to make my art journal page. I started with a very old sheet of green paper that I used as my background. Then I took 3 sheets from an autumn 8x8 package of paper from Creative Expressions. The designs on these sheets were beautiful so I did a lot of fussy cutting and arranging to make my page.
The second sheet had the bottom bird, flowers and the music on it. Except for trimming off about an inch on one side, I attached that page directly down on the green background. Then I cut out the top bird and the flowers on the right hand side of the page from another sheet of paper. Once they were glued down and dried, I trimmed out that section with some copper metallic paper trim, and along the top and bottom, right under the trim, I added a scrap pieces of blue paper to finish off the border.
The page looked almost finished, but I needed something along the left edge.
I inked the edges of the green background paper. It still didn't look quite finished to me, so I took my last sheet of paper and fussy cut some leaves from it. I attached those to the bottom left corner and part of a single leaf to the top right corner. Finally to actually finish my page, I added the gold paper sun and my quote.
Don't forget to check out the other pretty paper art on my team mates blogs too. And as always, you have 2 weeks or join us with your art. Any art is accepted as long as it fits our challenge.
I am also linking a up to Sharon's Hello Autumn challenge over at Art Journal Journey. Please remember at AJJ we only accept any type of art journaling but not cards, tags, ATC's etc.
I'm looking forward to seeing your pretty paper projects. I hope you'll join us.
13 comments:
Your collage creation is absolutely beautiful Erika, birds, blooms and music score in the background all work together so well.
B x
...birds and flower are a wonderful combination.
That's really beautiful!!
Pretty papers, indeed! A beautiful collage! I am home again now and back to daily blogging.
Lovely page of pretty papers-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
Fall is not my favorite time of the year, but this page is just beautiful. I like the way the copper trim brings out the colors of the shadows. From the morning temps at your house, time to break out the warm socks. Enjoy your day
You certainly found some pretty papers in your stash. The art journal page is so lovely and I could see how much time you spent to make these papers turn out to be so beautiful once they were all together. Thanks for another great entry for Sharon's theme at AJJ.
Absolutely stunning!!! I love your artistic talent!
That is such a lovely page.
All the best Jan
I really like the colorful birds on it.
The depth in this piece is fabulous! It really draws my eye in. Well done!
A stunning journal page and scene with the birds. it must have taken you ages to cut Erika..
As always , I am about to catch up here and read your posts.
Oh, how wonderful... must try to take Part. A wonderful idea.
Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday
Greetings by Heidrun ❤️
Post a Comment