Thursday, October 21, 2010

More of my Halloween Book

 For this tag I used an older Hero Arts stamp of a 1920's/1930's lady and turned her skin green and added a hat. I felt so clever doing that! Ha!
 Witch is new Oxford Impressions. The words are a saying I love by Cherry Pie. (Oh Ghosties and Ghoulies-I think Robert Burns the Scottish poet)
 The cat is underneath the Ghosties and Ghoulies saying. New Oxford Impressions, embossed in black. This is a great cat!
The girl is B Line, not meant to hold tomb stones but I think it works for Halloween. Those stones are one of those Martha Stewart punch/stamp sets. Its also a Martha Stewart treat bag and her spider web trim punch on the opposite page.
OK, post #2 of my book, to show you some more photos. That and I have been coming HOME from work all week to an empty house- Dave is away on business. Well NOT empty, I have my entourage-the cats and dog. But its making me mellow-especially after a very busy week at work...seems like work is TOO busy right now and I am NOT liking that at all. Tuesday night I read and watched a spooky Ghost Hunters, but  I was a bit more ambitous last night and I made some quick soup and then went into the studio-WHICH IS VERY good. I am missing Dave but in another way the silence is relaxing after work...but maybe too much so. Its nice for a night or two and then it just gets QUIET.
Anyhow, this is fun. I used the skeleton from the new Tim Holtz Halloween set and made his moveable. I simply stamped 2, so I could cut one apart and leave extra "joint" paper...then overlapped the 2 joints and used a brad to connect. The saying is from an older Oxford Impression set. The other right hand page I just had to leave the eyeballs...I overstamped with Tim Holtz spider webs and then added the Tim Holtz crow- that is a fantastic stamp!
Final page for this post-on the left...I used Martha Stewart bat paper and added more of those tombstones. The 2 bewares are Martha Stewart border stickers which I cut apart. The other stamp is from Red Lead which I colored with Copics. The right hand page-a Jennie Bowlin memo notebook page, dirtied with a Tim Holtz stamp, the buttos are also Jennie Bowlin and the Witching Hour stamp is from the new Haloween set by Crafty Secrets.
I must say...I am starting to get Haloween out...on the artistic front. I am getting ready to get back to main stamp supplies a bit, but maybe not quite yet. Actually the bad part is my fall/Halloween stamps are a GIANT MESS all over the floor of my workspace...driving me nuts but I'm not quite ready to pick them up...soon I guess.
Anyhow...
until next post...