Monday, March 19, 2012

Another Beach Day

Yesterday was so beautiful. I had windows open and went and sat out and read in the sun. I also raked...raked on March 18th!!! Often we're still white with snow. Not that every garden is raked, but anything you can get to and enjoy some sun and fresh air works for me! And today is suppose to be nice too and I am off to work, but that's ok. With the time change and the longer days I still have daylight time when I get home.
Also, I slept with my bedroom window wide open last night. Wow-can you believe I am doing that in New Hampshire in March?
So here's some scrap-journal pages that I did a while back. Photos from our trip last summer to the Outer Banks. The top page (shown twice) is a view photo and to make the page I started with water color paper, cut to size with holes punched for the album. I used turquoise ink and a stencil by Crafter's Workshop. I used another stencil by the same company and some blue acrylic paint to make the big tie dye looking circles. Then I attached the photo, added some little pieces of yellow paper tape, some cool epoxy sea horse stickers, the word sticker and a circle I die cut and wrote in my journaling.
This page is also on water color paper with some October Afternoon 8x8 paper laid down diagonally. I added the photo, the stamped phrase (Technique Tuesday) which is stamped on white paper in red ink and then cut out, some die cut flowers (in white) with a Tim Holtz page protector sticker and some red stickles. The dots on the page are the die cut pieces that are suppose to be the center of the flowers you see on this page.  Alittle grey ribbon glued down on the page too. Then I sprayed the whole page with some yellow-green October Afternoon  spray ink.
Finally this page-I know the photo isn't too exciting but I see the green background on 98% of the page? It is a home made stamp I carved!!!!! I added a scrap of paper along the top and some ribbon on that. Then I put 
down some of those Tim Holtz page protectors (as seen in the photo above) and a small piece of ball chain over those. Also, I added a small punched out heart. Below you can see the ball chain and my homemade stamp detail.
So found out Maine did make the NCAA playoffs and they are playing in Worcester, MA-my hometown-next Saturday night. We got tickets to the games yesterday and I am very excited. Hockey season is NOT over yet!!! Yahoo!!!
So have a fabulous Monday and thanks for stopping by.






No comments: