Thursday, March 22, 2012

More Beautiful Weather


So here is a view of a page I made for my scrap-journal- from my North Carolina, Outer Banks vacation. It was to commemorate my first and only trip-(so far)- to Archiver's. I started by covering watercolor paper with some old book pages and then giving them a spar with some October Afternoon spray ink. Then  stamped the honeycombs in black ink (stamp by Paper Smooches) and then stamped some red dots (Tim Holtz/Stamper's Anonymous. I colored a few of the honeycombs in with a green Copic. The heart I cut out on white paper and colored with some distress stain. The flower is a Sizzix die cut, with several stamped impressions embossed in white-the circle stamp comes from a set of circles by 7Gypsies-I just stamped the image several times. Finally I added a small butterfly and some green Dimensional Pearls to make its body. Then I used a black Sharpie to journal. Since I didn't have a photo I wanted to make the page a little more creative and different without getting too busy-I wanted the journaling to really be the meat of this page.
So I have a BIG hankering to start working with some cloth. Make some Prayer Flags like I saw in the latest Cloth, Paper Scissors  issue. I want to make some fabric-you know, layering lots of fabric and stitches and all kinds of additions. Think that might be tomorrow's studio time. If I'm not too tired after work. Sometimes I am just too tired to do something that pushes my limits...doing a journal page is challenging but not too challenging...or maybe some would say I am taking the easy way out and not pushing myself far enough.
Did I show you this page? It is really similar to the above page but really different too. Yes, I used a big heart, but for this page I didn't cut out a heart, I drew it on paper I had sprayed with some Tattered Angels and then  colored it in with some red Twinkling H2O watercolor paints. I journaled and then added red (on part of the heart) and pink (on the rest of the outer heart) Viva paint pen dots. To me, it is very simple but a great way to add a favorite memory to a journal when you don't want to add a photo...and I think a scrap-journal is about the topic at hand-the whole topic...not just the photos-those you obviously want a lot of those. And  a happy memory deserves a great big heart, doesn't it?
Anyhow...
Here's some more photos of my pot of tulips- they are really blooming in this gorgeous hot weather we've been having.
I love them.

No comments: