Friday, March 8, 2019

Calendar Journal

Hi everyone. It's another very cold morning here in New Hampshire and feels like January. BUT, the sun is up and these days are definitely longer. Got to love that even if I can't stop wearing my winter clothes. (Which I am very sick of wearing)
And it is Friday. The week goes fast when it has been very broken up, which mine has been. I am glad to be back to work and my normal routine again thought, and let's hope that lasts. 
So not much to share today except this week's calendar journal page
Since this was my week to turn a year older, I made this celebratory page in my journal. I stared by stamping the background with some newsprint and then adding this fun orange-yellow paint. The typewrite is an image I cut from an old FLOW magazine, as are the cat and bear parade.
And then  I stamped the page on the typewrite and the cake quote. Stamps are from Hero Arts and Impression Obsession.
That's all from me.
Happy Friday and Happy almost weekend!

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page with happy colours. Hope you enjoyed your birthday in spite of all you had to do this week. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

Wonderful page, Erika. Love the bold orange and the figures. That typewriter was a great find and I love the words you chose. Great way to document your birthday :-)
Have a lovely weekend.
Cath x

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Birthday! I love your brass band and that quote is just so good. One more round of messy weather to get through. Hopefully, the last storm. Enjoy your weekend.

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Birthday week! I'm in agreement with the cake quote :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this celebratory page! Great magazine images too! Have a great weekend! Chrisx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is adorable. And I love that quote. It made me laugh.

Mia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Erika!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your page is gorgeous!!!!!!!! The orange-yellow paint is fabulous onto the newsprint stamp and I love the cat and bear parade. Oh, really inspiring project!!!
Kisses, my friend.

Meggymay said...

Its a lovely bright journal diary page. You found a super quote to add, how true a party does need cake.
I hope you have a good weekend Erika.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is an adorable calendar page. I adore that typewriter and the birthday note. I agree about a party that doesn't have a cake is no party at all. I love this and it makes my calendars look wimpy.

froebelsternchen said...

Happy weekend dear Erika!
Your celebration page is fun and cheery!
Lovely made! You never cease to amaze with your brillant ideas and layouts!
We got very windy and chilly again as well. But from time to time the sun is able to look through the clouds! Stay positive - we will get spring soon my friend! Hope your Mom does well now - she is in my thoughts!
Big , big hugs, Susi

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

Happy birthday!

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a fun and joyful page Erika, and I was glad to read a few days ago that you were able to celebrate your birthday happily on a snow day.
I'll wish you a happy belated birthday again and let's hope the cold and snow will soon be gone, - we have another spell of cold weather on the way and I am not looking forward to it.
Happy weekend

craftytrog said...

Hope you had a happy birthday Erika! A great celebration page! xx

Jeanie said...

Your celebration page makes me very happy. Big smile. You should photograph or scan it and have it printed to make birthday cards to send out in the future. They're wonderful!

Catching up after the trip. Thanks for your comments. I'll be by, slow but sure!