Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Inspired By A Word at Try It On Tuesday

Hello everyone.  It is Tuesday and time for another fun challenge at Try It On Tuesday. But before we
we move onto the new, I want to thank our last guest hostess, Bleubeard and Elizabeth, and all the artists who shared some super art with us. 

For our new challenge, we're asking you to be inspired by a word.  Can you guess mine?
I began by using some tropical blue paint on my page. Then  I painted the palm trees. I added some more palm trees with the palm tree paper tape along both edges of the page. The ship (Impression Obsession) was stamped on tissue paper and added with some matte medium. Once dry, I painted it. I stamped the small quote several times, as well as adding a few small metal stars. Finally, I used this ancient stamp from River City Rubber to stamp my word. 
One has to have dreams, right?
Please remember to let us know your word also!
And I'm sending a big welcome to our newest guest designer Sabine!
Hope you're inspired by a word, and I'm looking forward to seeing your inspiration art

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, we all need dreams to keep us going. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Your wonderful page made me smile. It's making me think of the Beach Boys Kokomo and Summer. Calgon, take me away from the cold and snow! Stay warm.

froebelsternchen said...

I simply LOVE it Erika! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!
Happy TioT!
Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

I could agree more, one should have dreams 😁. Your page is fabulous, I love the tropical vibe and amazing ship that you added. The way you used the text stamp for the background is perfect too, there really is something appealing about sailing off into the sunset, isn't there πŸ˜‰. Enjoy your week! J 😊 x

Meggymay said...

I think I could share this dream Erika its a fantastic page and I like the palm trees with the sail boat. You can travel to many destinations in dreams, so yes dream away and enjoy the journey.
Yvonne xx

Joan said...

Fab page, I love the sailing ship and the palm tree tape



Joan

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is fantastic. Great inspirational piece.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, love the idea of sailing off into the sunset on your Dream page.
Avril xx

Mia said...

Lovely lovely lovely page, Erica!!!!!!!!!!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a fabulous page Erika! I love your dream! Hugs, Chrisx

Jeanie said...

I'd say that's a great big dream! And a lovely piece!

Marjut said...


Really beautiful page. I love the colours and palm trees.
Have a nice day!

craftytrog said...

Fabulous artwork, and you picked a great word Erika! xx

Cath Wilson said...

Love your palm trees, Erika and the ship looks fab. Always good to have big dreams! Love the repeating text, too :-)
Cath x

Caty said...

Woowww This is a so Gorgeous Art page Erika !! Wonderful !! I love love it, love the lovely background stamped with the words, love the two palm trees, they are great!! and love the beautiful boat, the stars, the little palm trees... love alll :) Yes, you´re right, we may have big dreams, and try to live them. Lovely them at Try it on Tuesday.
I wish you a very nice day
Big hugs, Caty

sheila 77 said...

This is so very pretty. Love the palm tree strips and love your painted sky and trees too and the boat is the perfect finishing touch. Great idea to stamp and paint it on tissue first. It's a lovely painting indeed.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Loved this and loved it even more that you used a stamp from River City Rubber.

Words and Pictures said...

A wonderful dream to sail away to the sunshine. There is sunshine here in NYC at the moment but it's VERY cold! Still, I really appreciate the beautiful blue skies, both overhead and on your sunny page. The palm trees look amazing.
Alison x

Rosie said...

A wonderful page, Elisabeth