Sunday, March 24, 2019

Treasures in The Attic

Hope everyone had a good weekend. 
Mine wasn't wild or exciting but I did get a bit of spring purging done. And the benefits of the purge, besides starting a good clean out, was finding some arty treasure.
I came across two small file boxes that had been sitting there for years. I was going to throw them out, but they felt heavy when I lifted them, so I pulled off the top and discovered lots of fun things.
There were old photos, some photo transfers printed on cloth and some images printed on paper.
I remember doing these years ago. I must have put the boxes away at some point and forgot about them.



There was also some art. Some seem to be pages for a cloth book and then there are some partially finished cloth collages with some photo transfers on fabric.
Here's one.

It is always exciting to find such treasure. 
And in this case, inspiring also.
Hope your week has  some inspiration in it.
Enjoy!



12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

LUCKY, lucky you. I am in love with these, especially the images on fabric. These are gems. I am SO glad you checked before you pitched. That piece you created is fabulous, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

You found some great stuff, have fun playing with it! Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful treasure, how exciting to find them again after all this time! The page that you created is amazing, I love how you layered the pretty fabrics 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

CJ Kennedy said...

How fun to find forgotten art supplies! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Jeanie said...

You are doing what I must -- purge out art stuff. Looks like you found some goodies! That makes me smile -- can't wait to see which evolve into spring projects!

Dortesjs said...

great combo and spring feeling.

Caty said...

OOhhhh yes Erika , you have found some treasures, and I like all of them, because they can inspire you a lot to create so wonderful Art pages, as you always do ! :) It has been a good weekend !
I wish you a very nice new week and creative moments,
Big hugs, Caty

Mia said...

Amazing fabric page, Erika. I think I have to try to make a fabric page too. Kisses, my friend.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a find! Those certainly are treasures. Your post is definitely motivational. Maybe some Spring cleaning would be a good idea ;)

froebelsternchen said...

Stunning treasures indeed! Great you found these beauties again ! I love the page you have already finished! Super!
Happy start of the new week!
Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

Oh is great when we find forgotten stash and even better when we know we can find a use for them. Enjoy your discovery Erika.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Oh me, oh my, what a treasure trove you unearthed. Hope you have many happy hours of crafting with the various bits and pieces.
Hugs, Neet xx