Friday, March 29, 2019

Pink Birds

Happy Friday everyone.  The weekend is almost here. So is some warmer weather and melting snow in my world. It is amazing what some spring weather can do for your spirits. (Especially since it is the very end of March.)
Yesterday when I came home from work I finished off my Florida travel journal. I have a few more pages to show you today.
I'll start with a tag I made for my journal and also for Tag Tuesday. The latest challenge has a bird theme:  Birds, Nests and Eggs.  I asked Valerie if the tag needed all 3 things and she said no, so here's my tag with this funny stamped  flamingo, a cool quote and a bit of a tropical feel. 
And flamingoes have showed up a few places in my journal. They are just fun. You can see one one my key lime pie page.  I thought those key limes I drew and painted made the pink really stand out.
I also made another page not with flamingos but with some flying pink birds.

I used all the stickers from the airline luggage tag as well as the little paper envelope our hotel keys came in when we were up near the Everglades. Because of the warm Florida weather flowers were blooming already, so i cut out this picture of a magnolia flower that I found in an old book. Then I added my die cut pink birds.

Some Roseate spoonbills, which are pretty pink birds since I saw no wild flamingos.
And below is a great blue heron, which is found in the Everglades in 2 forms. The standard coloration as this one is.
And also in this white morph form.
Which was pretty cool to see.
And since I shared my key lime page from my journal, I need to show you one of the 2 pieces of that pie I had while in Key West. (It is the official dessert of the Florida Keys so of course I had to try a couple of pieces-smile.)
It was pretty yummy and both pieces (which I had at different restaurants) were good but a little bit different.
Notice the 2 forks so I could share my piece with the hubby.
Hope you have a happy start to your weekend.

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your post has made me smile big-time today. Love the fun tag, I am in a pink phase just now, so it's especially great for me. Thanks for joining us at TT. And love the journal pages and wonderful photos, those flamingos are just gorgeous. I love seeing them in the zoo here, pity they don't live here. And I would love a slice of that pie, I was out walking and now I'm HUNGRY! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am not a big fan of dessert and seldom eat it, prepared dessert that is, (we usually have a piece of fruit after a meal) but I have had key lime pie in Key West and if there is one dessert that could make me stray to the dark side that is it!

froebelsternchen said...

To start with the tag - this is precious! I love the quote and the design! I love also your flamingo and pink birdie pages such a freshness with the lime green - superb!OMG those pretty birds - Nature is so fascinating always - The pie looks tempting and now I have learned something new as well - I will remember that this is the official Florida Keys dessert! Thank you ! Looks GREAT! Wouldn't mind a piece just now after lunch!
Happy start of your weekend and guess what?! We got some sun this afternoon here as well - brilliant and wonderful - but I have to stay at home since we are waiting for a big AMAZON delivery.
Big hugs, Susi

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely post, so much to see.
The pie looks yummy, the birds and flamingos are amazing, love your art - especially your tag.

Wishing you a good weekend ahead.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

I love your flamingo tag. Your journal really does make me very happy!

CJ Kennedy said...

Flamingos and pink birds just scream Florida. Your travel journal is so fun. Warmer temps this weekend will make it feel like Florida to us after cold, snow, and wet. Key Lime pie would taste so good, too. Enjoy the weekend.

Mia said...

I love your photos with birds, Erika. And your tag is amazing!!!!! Great sentiment!!!!!! Kisses!!!

kathyinozarks said...

oh Yum your pie looks delicious! Love your tag, and really enjoyed all the photos with the birds, and your Florida journal pages too-
Happy Friday Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the saying on your tag. How true! You got great bird photos, and the color! Seeing them in flight and in flocks must've been an experience not to be forgotten :)

Caty said...

OOhh, this tag is just Gorgeous Erika !! I love the flamingo, and the colours are so beautiful . Your travel page is wonderful too, this cake may be very delicious, love the key limes. Gorgeous Artworks !
Thanks a lot for these so beautiful photographs, love the flamingos, and this tarte is.... yummi.
I wish you a very nice weekend
Big hugs, Caty

Cath Wilson said...

I LOVE key lime pie - or anything citrusy - this looks delicious and is perfect as a backdrop to your holiday pages. It's been lovely to watch you catalogue your trip and all the things you noticed while there. Great tag, too - love those words.
Glad your weather is finally thawing and you're seeing some blue skies... the weather really does affect our mood, even when we're not aware of it. It's beautiful at the moment... I don't like the hour going forward, though - takes me ages to adapt, although I do love lighter evenings and look forward to our long summer days, when it isn't even really dark at midnight! One of my favourite things about England :-)
Have a great weekend, Erika!
Cath x

Meggymay said...

Its a great tag with the pink flamingo image and the pages also look fantastic. You have shared some super photos of the birds in flight as well as the pink feathered birds.
Its late here but I wish I had a piece of the pie close by, it looks delicious.
Have a super weekend Erika.
Yvonne xx

Tee said...

Love your tag and enjoyed reading your post with the great pics!

Gibby Frogett said...

Fabulous post and journal pages Erika - what a great tag and the quote really made me smile :)
I love birds so I really appreciated seeing all your lovely photos.
Gill x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I absolutely LOVE your flamingo tag. It is so colorful and fun. I was really impressed with the quote, too. Maybe I am interesting (grin) because I KNOW I'm different.

Loved seeing the key lime pie. Now I want a piece, too. Have a super weekend, dear.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention. I want that page on palm trees. That is TO DIE FOR. I'm a closet palm tree lover, since they won't survive in my area (or yours for that matter).

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a lovely post! I love the photos of the pink birds that you represented so well in that fabulous journal! I love key lime pie, although I am sure the versions we get here are nothing like the real thing!! Hugs, Chrisx