Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Make A Mark

Welcome to the end of May everyone.  Big thanks to all of you who joined the party at Try It On Tuesday and helped us celebrate our 10th anniversary.
And since 2 weeks have passed since we posted the party challenge, it is time for another challenge to begin at Try It on Tuesday.
Our latest challenge is to Make a Mark.
We want to see your abstract patterns, girds, circles, squares, chevrons, or any other kind of mark.
I began by painting these upside down V's, not quite a chevron. I outlined them with black Sharpie and stamped some red painted rings. For those I used  a bit of  paint on some foam pipe insulation as my stamp.
I then gave the page  a spray of blue ink.
The girls and the little colorful trim above her are from my Studio Light punch out books which I am having fun using lately. To mimic the tulips on her dress, I painted some paper red and drew and then cut out the tulips. I cut the stems and leaves from some green paper scraps I had.  I thought this page needed a bit of girliness so I added the white cloth trim blinged out with a few sticky gemstones.  And I used stickers to create my words.
I thought the page was perfect for where I have been spending a lot of my free time lately.
And also, since this lady has clouds and the sky on her dress, and my page is blue like a beautiful blue sky day, I am also linking her up to Art Journal Journey. There's still a few days left to join the In the Air/In the Sky challenge there.
Hope to see you and your marks over at 

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful, colourful and fun page Erika, love it! Hugs, Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

Super whimsical, Erika - love that little girl and your marks have made the perfect background for her. The tulips are fab...and I love your rings ;-) I have a bit of old roller that I often use as a circle print. It always amazes me that some of the best 'marks' are from things we'd normally through away. Oh for a lovely blue sky - I've forgotten what that's like here in the NW - it's COLD and cloudy here :-( Have a brilliant week!
Cath x

CJ Kennedy said...

A happy page and a happy place. No gardening today, at least not past lunch time. Stay dry and have a good day

Rosie said...

A wonderful page, Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous page! Love how you made your marks!!! The little girl is so sweet - must look into these books!! You really have created a lovely day in your garden! Chrisx

froebelsternchen said...

This is such a happy piece dear Erika! - GORGEOUS!
I feel like this little girl today wearing my sunny glasses even though it's raining and grey actually!
Happy TIOT's and happy AJJ! Thank you for your wonderful hosting this month! You really made us all happy!

Hugs Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

I love all the color and those bright red tulips. The eyelet lace is a nice touch :)

Neet said...

Oh how I love this page. It is so cheery. What a delightful little girl you have portrayed.
Love your background those chevrons are brilliant and the tulips really stand out against that blue. Such patience in cutting the stems and leaves which are so effective.
True inspiration to include clouds on her dress - such a brilliant page - this is one of my favourites.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps forgot to say, I love the addition of the broderie anglaise trim you used - fabulous!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a fabulous page! It looks like you had such fun making all those marks in the background and the touch of lace is perfect - I love it 😊. Wishing you a wonderful week! Jo x

Meggymay said...

I do love his page Erika, I have the song Tip toe through the tulips.... in my head. Its a fantastic and colourful background as well, super chevrons to make your mark.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun page, dear Erika. Cath stole my thought when I saw this: whimsical. It is colorful, fun, and full of energy, too. Great use of marks, too.

Astrid Maclean said...

A fabulous whimsical page Erika, super background and the words, girl and lace trip have made for a great composition!

Rike said...

It's a happy colorful page with wonderful red and blue and the lovely lady in the middle! Your upside down V's are a very good idea for this patterened background, also the stamped circles! And this red of the tulips is amazing!
Big Hugs-Rike

Marjut said...

Fantastic, great layout and the lovely girl and red tulips.

Mrs.B said...

Love the bold background and how you've picked out the tulips from her dress to add a wonderful pop of colour. She really is a cutie and I hope she enjoys her day in the garden.
Avril xx

Jeanie said...

I love your cute little girl there! Colorful and happy, this page!

Joan said...

Fab colourful page and I love the background you have created for that little girl in her pretty dress



Joan

Lowcarb team member said...

I like this.
The blues and those red tulips work very well together, and your little girl is just right.

All the best Jan