Monday, May 6, 2019

They Say We Will Have Sun

Happy new week everyone. 
Today they say the sun is going to shine (this sounds like the pick of the next few days), so let me show you a journal page about rain.
Just another idea for Art Journal Journey and this month's In The Air/In The Sky challenge. 
I used my new giant art journal which I am making a spring/summer journal out of.  I began by stamping the umbrella 3 times, and then I gave the page a wash with some watered down grey acrylic paint. Plus a bit of stencil cleaning from a stencil I used on a different page. I love how in the TH found relatives packets you get each image in 3 sizes, and this guy with his hand out was perfect for holding the umbrellas. Not sure he'd stay very dry though the way he is holding that umbrella. 
I added the stamped quote, some stamped and gemstone raindrops as well as my sequin puddle at the bottom of the page. On the right I added a text tag and 3 paper clips to break up the long edge which is almost 15 inches.
Hope this page inspires you. And  I hope to see your journal page or pages this  month over at Art Journal Journey
And big thanks for visiting my blog today also.

12 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Excellent - the unfulfilled promise, lol. We've had lots of sun here, but we're drawing in Arctic air, so it's been really cold and bitter in the wind. Hard to imagine that this time last year we were all enjoying sultry HOT weather we usually go to the Med to find! Grey seems to be the norm in a lot of places right now :-( Great way to document it. Have a great week!
Cath x

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh yes, they say a lot of things! Wonderful page, great ideas there! We had a chaotic weekend here weather wise, but we have to take it as it comes! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

At least the boys look happy in the rain with their umbrellas. I hope the weather dudes didn't lie. Starting out very foggy. Hope you're able to enjoy the sun if it ever peeks out.

froebelsternchen said...

I love your "Mario" Poppins page Erika! It's gorgeous! Happy Monday you are just a super host of AJJ ♥♥♥

Hugs, Susi

Jeanie said...

I love this piece, Erica! It certainly captures our most recent days in Michigan!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great artwork and idea. I like the words. I think you've had about the same weather pattern as me in CT. For us they say sun for today.. Originally they forecast that for Mon, Tue, and Wed. Now Tue, Thur, and Fri show overcast and/or rain. I think Mother Nature didn't get the memo that April showers bring May flowers and we are now in May... :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The sun finally came out after the flood in my back yard last night as well as the horrors of being under a tornado warning for over three hours.

I like how you created this entry. It is wonderful and absolutely PERFECT for your theme at Art Journal Journey. I also like how the paper dolls come in three sizes, but I don't remember that guy. I must check both packages I got to see if this is a new lot.

Meggymay said...

A great page Erika, those umbrella's won't protect from the rain, but maybe the guy just enjoys listening to the rain pattering on the umbrella.
We've had a bit of everything today regarding the weather....heavy rain, grey skies, 'sun', then really cold wind. Who said it was springtime?
Yvonne xx

Caty said...

Wooowww Erika !! This is a Lovely Art page !! Wonderful background, this the stamps, the drops and the child with his umbrella!! So great idea ! love the rain. You know, here the weather no always obeys to the meteoman :) funny !
I wish you a very nice Tuesday, and send you big hugs,
Caty

Divers and Sundry said...

We had sun today after having had rain forecast, and I watered my plants in the warm sunshine. Nice!

I got a kick out of your page :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm guessing there is a new set out as you umbrella guys are new to me! This page is fabulous of course - even though I would rather not be out in the rain! Hugs, Chrisx

Rike said...

First I thought this is ONE stamp, then I read that you added the guy later - he fits perfect! In that way he hold the umbrella means he is looking if it REALLY rains :)
A wonderful scenery for the your theme!
Wish you a happy weekend (yes, I am late commenting)!
Big Hugs Rike