Saturday, May 18, 2019

Tonight There Will Be A Full Moon In the Sky

Hi there. It's the weekend, which for us working ladies is always a good thing to reach. I'm hoping the black flies, our annoying spring bugs, won't be too bad today so I can spread some more bark mulch. Right now it looks pretty good as there is a nice breeze. But seeing I first need to go down to the garden center and buy some mulch, I am not sure I'll be able to get outside quick enough to beat the bugs. I will be able to spread it as long as this breeze keeps it up.
Tonight we have a full moon so my Art Journal Journey page celebrates it.  The latest challenge is In the Air/ In the Sky, and so as long as you aren't clouded in or are blocked by some kind of obstacle, you should see the moon in the sky. I added a few clouds for a little more dramatic effect.
I have to big full moon stamp in my stash that I just love. (I bought it about 15 years ago for a couple of dollars on a markdown table, and it is one of my most loved stamps.) 
And the night sky is made with some infusions and some black spray ink.

Here's the moon around 8:30 last night when the sky was starting to get dark and the moon was coming up.


It's pretty bright, that's for sure.
Hopefully there's no creepy werewolves or other weird full moon events in your life. Hee-hee!
Wishing you a great Saturday.





11 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Ah, the full moon, when the crazies come out of the woodwork. Nice picture of the moon rising through the trees. I hope you get outside to enjoy the sunshine, and I hope it's breezy enough to the keep the bugs away.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous, atmospheric page and I love the moon stamp you used. I hope I will be able to see the moon here tonight, it's rather cloudy just now. Enjoy your well-deserved weekend, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

It is a fabulous night sky page Erika , I love the moon stamp you used and the super quote.
We've been on the same wavelength again with the night sky pages.
Your photos of the moon through the trees look lovely.
I hope you were bug free and got the work you planned in the garden done.
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Full Moons are always worth watching for, and I love your art piece highlighting it. Your background is wonderful!

froebelsternchen said...

A gorgeous page to honor the full moon night Erika! I can imagine that you love this stamp! Fabulous! Great photos as well! I will enjoy the Eurovision Song contest tonight and maybe I can see the full moon here as we had good weather so far finally!
Another fantastic entry for your collection at AJJ ! You ROCK!!!!!
Hope you managed to spread the bark mulch without the annoying bugs.
Happy Saturday evening and happy Sunday!
Hugs, Susi

Eileen Bergen said...

Fabulous night sky page, Erika! Your color choices are stunning and very effective. Eileen xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Since I have been mostly 'living' in my basement, I saw the weather channel today and saw there was to be a full moon tonight. This is such an appropriate and absolutely GORGEOUS entry for today. It made me smile. It's simply perfect for your theme at Art Journal Journey, too, dear friend.

LOVE those photos, too.

Mia said...

The moon stamp is really fabulous, Erika. I perfectly understand why you love it. Your page and your photos are really beautiful. Kisses!!!

Neet said...

A lovely atmospheric page Erika. Love the way you have used the dark and the light and that moon stamp is gorgeous. No wonder you use it a lot. I also like the quote.
Sorry to hear about the flies - nasty little things so here's hoping they were kept at bay with the breeze and you got on with your gardening.
hugs, Neet xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gorgeous art journal page, Erika. That stamp is perfect and your photos too. Hope time warps long on the rest of your weekend! xoxo

Jeanie said...

I took pix of the moon too. Couldn't resist. I really love your page. It captures it all so well!

Must be counting down on school. Yay!