Saturday, February 1, 2020

A Month of Hearts

Hi there everyone. Happy February. Can you believe that it is February first?
So I have some exciting news to share. I got an email from Elizabeth and Yvonne asking if I would like to join them as a co-administrator at  Art Journal Journey  That was an unexpected  surprise, but  I would love to join them.  I hope I can be a productive member of the team, and I look forward to all the fun.
And I want to give a huge shout out and say "Thank you  ladies for thinking of me".

So this month Elizabeth is our lovely host, and her theme is HEARTS. I love hearts as a shape and I created this page for my first heart themed page. 

I started my page  attaching this polka dot napkin to some watercolor paper. Then I added  a bit of ink spray.  The big felt heart came from a packet I picked up at Hobby Lobby, and I created the flower design by wrapping some wired leaves around an old paint brush  and attached the flower with a brad. Finally I stamped the sun face and also the quote.

I hope you have lots of hearts to share with us at Art Journal Journey, and I look forward to see your art journaling.

Thanks so much for visiting.

16 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A beautiful heart journal, fascinating the style!
Have nice Day, Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Have fun at AJJ! Your page is lovely, so warm and cosy. But I am not a heart friend, oh dear! I will try to think of something all the same. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

What a beautiful page, Erika.
Have a wonderful weekend xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely. Enjoy your day

sirkkis said...

Congratulations!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Erika, this is beautiful! (Congrats, too!).
This is very good advise. I did and mostly following my heart was the right decision.

A beautiful piece of art, wish I was a tad creative, too.

sheila 77 said...

This is terrific, Erika, so full of energy That's a super red heart you got and the flower is just right with it. I see there is a little face too, looking contented.
Congrats on joining the team AJJ and of course they are lucky to have you.

kathyinozarks said...

Congratulations Erika, and I love your page-very beautiful!! Hugs Kathy

Meggymay said...

A very warm and happy welcome to Art Journal Journey Erika, we are so thrilled you are joining us there.
This is a beautiful page for the new theme and I do love the sentiment. It was a great idea to add the paintbrush detail as well.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is romantic and artsy at the same time. The addition of the flower and leaves to the paint brush was genius. Your heart was awesome, and I was so impressed with this first entry this month. Thanks for sharing it using my theme at Art Journal Journey.

Mia said...

Congrats, Erika!!!!!!!!! You will be the best co-administrator for AJJ!!!!
Your page is AWESOME!!! What a great idea to add the brad in the middle of the flower. Great inspiration, my dear friend. Kisses!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning page! I love the red on red design and how you added the napkin and used the spray to create the background - amazing 😁. I love it! Many congratulations on joining the Art Journal Journey team, they are so lucky to have you! Hugs, Jo x

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful page -- I love this fantastic reds!!!And the different textures make it incredible!
What a good choice of Elizabeth and Yvonne! You will be a wonderful admin at AJJ!
Superb!Makes me happy to read this!

Big hugs
Susi

craftytrog said...

Ooh! I love the paintbrush! A gorgeous page Erika, and congrats on joining the AJJ team too.
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

I love hearts so it will be fun to see what you all come up with, Erika!

nwilliams6 said...

My favorite part is the old paintbrush. Given how much we all love to paint and create, this is perfect for a page on hearts! Love the napkin and the felt heart too. Wonderfully done!