Thursday, February 13, 2020

Fixer Upper

Hi everyone. It is a wintery morning here in New Hampshire. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day, or at least a delay. But at this posting time, I haven't heard anything yet, but it might be  bit early for that. 
OK,if you stop by my blog frequently this page might look familiar---- since I showed you this last week.


I made the tag for Tag Tuesday, and I liked the tag but not the  page I used it on. It just looked like pieces put together but not like the page was finished.
Well I am persistent if nothing else so when I was home this past Tuesday I worked on the page some more.


And here is the finished piece.  I added some white stenciling.  I used some very watered down paint on the background and tag-before I stenciled. I colored the cat darker with some red Sharpie and finally I added this TH photo card with the background cut away.
I am happy now.
What do you think?

Thanks for visiting. 

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You're right, it looks much better now, you have rounded the page off very nicely. Hope you get your snow day! Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I like it. The baby with her frilly collar looks like a little flower. She's blooming. The storm fizzled in my area. Just a dusting of snow before turning to rain. Did you get a snow day or a delay?

R's Rue said...

❤️

Jeanie said...

I love this piece! The graphic just makes it!

froebelsternchen said...

Yes , it looks even more artsy now, super!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This turned out great. Until you pointed it out, I didn't see any reason for the "rework." But once I saw the incredible finished page, I see how much more cohesive it really is. It's really even better now.

I was going through my TH relatives cards a few days ago and I didn't see one like that. I saw several that eventually transferred to his paper dolls, though. I like how you cut this one to fit the page and the composition so much better. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey, too.

Ironically, every town within at least a 50 mile radius of Wichita has declared this a snow day. Not Wichita, though. Go figure. Hope you had better luck.

Meggymay said...

Well your working on the page until you were happy with the result must have given you crafting time that you enjoyed , This piece looks fantastic Erika.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

I could have sworn I saw and commented on this. Maybe I did! I love it all the more with the graphic! It enhances the composition.

Let's Art Journal said...

Love this! I like both versions, all the collage elements look so beautiful on that lace background - perfect 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous page Erika, I love the additions!
Alison xx

Neet said...

I love this, probably my favourite of all the heart posts. Love everything about it from the little bee to the poppies and everything else inbetween.
Hugs, Neet xx