Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Go Green at Try It On Tuesday

Hi everyone. It is an exciting day as it is time for another challenge to begin with at Try It On Tuesday. For the next two weeks we're Going Green. So use my favorite color, or as  this common phrase in the US goes, Go Green, meaning recycle something into your art. 
I have done both in my art journal page. 
I began by painting my page green, and then with a bit of white watered down gesso as it was a bit too green, even for me. Then I added some scraps of tape just below the middle of the page, as well as some cardboard with the top flat piece ripped off at the bottom. The paint brush was a scrap that came in a box of watercolor crayons that had been laying around for a very long time, and this just seemed the perfect time to use it. I even dipped the brush part into some green paint.
So I created this out of the box paint try in various shades of green, and I created the leaves on the branch from a page out of an old book. I didn't color them with the hopes  the idea that they would be painted from the box was created.  I also added this vellum stamp and postage marks too for a few more details. Can you have enough details? 
And to balance the green, I used pik scrap paper to make the berries as well as a pink butterfly sticker.
The quote is hard to believe but it says "Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen."
 I recycled an old fashioned pin as the middle of the butterfly, and filled it with some colorful little bead like material. 

Be sure to check out all the beautiful art created by the other designers on the Try It On Tuesday homepage, and I hope to see your creations linked up there also.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

21 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Just so beautiful Erika!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have a LOT going on in this page, Erika. I like how you created te leaves and I love the green. The pink berries really POP against the background, too. This is a wonderful going green idea.

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE your paintbox, Erika. Dipping the paintbrush was a stroke of genius - it looks brilliant. Wonderful mishmash of all things 'green', beautifully collaged. The contrasting touches are perfect.
Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! I love how you went green and recycled 😀. There is so much fabulous eye candy here, all the layers and details look amazing! Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Marjut said...

Such a fabulous page, lovely green background!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page sings Spring and I have Spring fever. Clever how you dipped the brush into the green paint. I hope things stay green for you during the next round of bad weather. Stay warm and dry.

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous green and recycled page Erika, I was drawn to look closer at the butterfly before I read you had used a pin, it looks so pretty. I liked the sentiment as well.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

beautiful page-I love it

The Padre said...

Breath Taking Multimedia Work Here - Also, An Amazing Set Of Ragtime There - Way Cool

Cheers

Rosie said...

An amazing piece

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic page Erika, love the colours, you have packed some great ideas onto you page. Hugs, Valerie

Mrs.B said...

I love this arty green page Erika, with the print paper leaves.
I'm looking at your butterfly, what a brilliant idea of using the bead filled pin as it's body. Love the paintbox at the bottom and dipping the 'paintbrush' in green paint makes it look so real.
Avril xx

R's Rue said...

❤️

Jeanie said...

Call me an aging preppie but I've always loved pink and green together. This is really a lovely page and it has such the feel of spring, which we so sorely need!

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous page - the greens are beautiful enough but the pink circles and the purple butterfly really lift the page an emphasise the different shades you used! Hugs, Chrisx

J said...

Beautiful artwork, it’s very bright and colourful and I love all the green BG , gorgeous butterfly too.
Jan x

Krisha said...

WOW! This is fantastic!!

craftytrog said...

Simply gorgeous! I love everything about this page Erika! xxx

Joan said...

I love how you have incorporated the green and the recycle elements of the challege, the pink berries make a lovely pop of colour


Josn

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a great green background but I like the other colours you've used too, especially the pink.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

Not just one, but two elements for this challenge. Very clever use of both recycled materials and the colour green. A lovely page Erika.
Hugs, Neet xx