Friday, February 28, 2020

As the Month Winds Down

Hi everyone.  This is a pre-post as today is the last day of my husband's and my visit to New Mexico. It's been a good week, and I hate the idea of  the week winding down, but it will be good to go home and see my daughter and the dog's. But I enjoyed Elizabeth's heart challenge so much that I wanted to post one last page. As we are flying first thing tomorrow morning, I am making  my last post today, even though it is leap year and we get another day this month.
I will be linking up to  Art Journal Journey.
I had a paint mop up page and also a piece of deli paper that was Gelli printed with an alphabet stencil. So I combined the two, added a light bulb I found in a magazine, did a bit of coloring and painting, and here's my messy but make me happy page.
I just hope the light bulb can brighten the the grey around the alphabet.
Thanks to all of you who posted this month and welcomed me to the team, and big thanks to Elizabeth for being such a lovely hostess.
And thanks for visiting me blog too!

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, you made so many beautiful creations his month, well done. Glad you have enjoyed your time in New Mexico, but it's always great to get home. Hugs, Valerie

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is lovely. You'll be coming back to cold weather this weekend. Brrr.

CJ Kennedy said...

A fun page. Safe travels. It will be cold when you get home, but no snow and warmer weather for the week.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! I love the sentiment and how you arranged the hearts in the lightbulb - perfect 😁. Happy travels and wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a really clever final entry for this month, dear Erika. Your journal spread is both awe-inspiring and grand. I love how the hearts seem to light up the lightbulb. This was perfect for my theme at Art Journal Journey.

I want to thank you for all the art you created this month. I also commend you for joining the AJJ team. You have certainly stepped up in style. Thanks again.

I'm sure you will be glad to be home, too.

kathyinozarks said...

Great page! safe trip back home-hugs

R's Rue said...

Safe travels home.

Wesoła Komórka said...

Hello ! Hello ! Nice to meet you :)

Meggymay said...

A wonderful page Erika and a loving sentiment, love does shine from the page. I hope you had a safe journey home and enjoyed your holiday.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A great page Erika! Glad you had a good trip!
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

You must be back now1 Welcome home -- and I loved the heart challenge too!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

If you have arrived back home in NH, Erika, then I hope it was a safe journey. Most likely it's a bit colder here than in new Mexico. Thanks for all your recent comments.

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased you had a great time.
I like your page :)

All the best Jan