Thursday, February 6, 2020

No Blooms Today

Hi everyone. 
We've got some winter weather going on today. Not the most exciting thing to see but it is only February so it is to be expected. The more or less mild weather we've had has really spoiled us here in New Hampshire.
So I want to begin my post with a tag for Tag Tuesday. The latest theme is red, black and white. I've realized my tag is more cream than white (does that count?) so hopefully it works. 

So after I made the tag I used it to make a page in my nature journal.
I used ink for my background and also some bits off my work table which I am still cleaning off. And one of those found bits on the bottom of the little pile was this sparkle heart, so I will be linking up to Elizabeth's heart theme at Art Journal Journey.
I'm not sure I am 100% pleased with this page and I think it needs something to pull it all together, but I wanted to get the tag into this latest Tag Tuesday challenge and I am not exactly sure what I want to do with the page.
So I will leave you with this.
Thanks for visiting.

19 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Your tag is really pretty and love how you added it to your journal. we have spoiled here too with a mostly a mild winter. I need to get out and shovel snow today though-stay dry and warm hugs Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag and I love that you put it into a journal page, great idea. Thanks so much for joining us at TT again, much appreciated, hugs, Valerie

R's Rue said...

❤️❤️❤️💛💟

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great way to use your tag, Erika. Love that you are able to combine it with both your nature journal AND my journal theme at Art Journal Journey. This was definitely a great find and the entire page turned out great.

Divers and Sundry said...

Winter has returned here, too, with snow predicted for tonight. Yes, snow. I'll believe it when I see it lol

I love the tag and how you made it a part of that page. And I love rick-rack :)

froebelsternchen said...

I love this tag and the page on which you used it is also beautiful! Not every page must be to our taste if we create so much...lol.
We got also two days of winter actually... but all in all such a mild winter yet!

We will see!
Big hugs,

Susi

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful tag and looks super on your fabulous journal page. I could almost think of Spring seeing the insects fluttering on your page, the sparkling heart added a touch of romance ti the piece.
Yvonne xx

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I love it - the colors, the details, the ideas!
Poppies are one of my favorites and the cat sure brings luck all year round.
I can´t wait for the bloom (it´s cold here, too).
A nice day to you and hugs from here.

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous tag Erika, and it looks great on your beautiful nature page. I love the colour scheme.
Alison xx

Mrs.B said...

It's such a pretty tag Erika and it looks great as a focal point on your background.
We've had a dip in temperature, thick frost today - feels like winter!
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Cath Wilson said...

I love the simplicity of the tag, which makes everything pop. Great use in your journal, too.
Cath x

Jeanie said...

No blooms here, either, so I'm glad you shared your pretty ones!

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous tag Erika, I love the colors! I love how you've added it to your beautiful nature journal page, great idea!!
Tammy x

Lowcarb team member said...

It's a great tag - love the colours.

All the best Jan

WendyK said...

Love your poppy tag and journal page, I just love poppies. Thank you for sharing with us on Tag Tuesday.
Hugs Wendy

pearshapedcrafting said...

Gorgeous tag, must get on with mine! Chrisx

Words and Pictures said...

That's a gorgeous tag - brilliant use of the flower stamp - and it looks simply wonderful on the page.
Alison x

pinky said...

What a gorgeous tag and how cool does your journal look too! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday xx

Marjut said...

Beautiful tag!