Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Share the Love

Hi everyone. It is already time for another new challenge at Try It On Tuesday. And since it is February, we are going to Share the Love. It is a fun challenge for the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday.
This page began with a stencil and paint to make the background. I found this cool lightbulb image in magazine, so I cut it out and decided it would be my page centerpiece. Since it was a dark image I added some black "blobs" to my background with a wet paper towel dipped in a bit of black paint. I also gave it some gold spray ink but it didn't shine as much as I had hoped, Still the gold gives it a good look.
Then I used a gold marker and some pink glitter glue to brighten  up the lightbulb.
I  found this cute little couple in my package of TH found relatives. They were connected but I cut them apart, added them to  the page and gave the each a matching pink heart. And I gave the lightbulb one last bit of flair by adding the little silver dots around the edge.
Don't forget to stop by and see all the great art by Try It On Tuesday the designers too.

We hope to see your love inspired art!

And since the latest challenge at Art Journal Journey is Hearts (Thanks Elizabeth), I am also linking this page up to that challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

24 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, what a magnificent page! I love the steampunk look of the lightbulb - which I also saw as a vintage hot air balloon at first... I thought they were going to leap in and elope (though perhaps they're a little young for that!). Gorgeous vintage photos and a richly textured background - it's fab!
Alison x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page Erika, love the background. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

Rosie said...

A gorgeous page

Neet said...

Another super page Erika. What a lightbulb moment you had when you thought of using those figures alongside the bulb. The black touches on that gorgeous background really tie it all in and the figures are perfect. Wish I had those in one of my packs.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps love that tiny heart in the bulb

Linda Kunsman said...

this is fabulous Erika!! The background is wonderful and how cool is the light bulb...well done!

CJ Kennedy said...

This page made me smile. I love the lightbulb and the saying. You turned the traditional on its head. 😻

kathyinozarks said...

This piece is just amazing Erika, I love it very much! hugs

froebelsternchen said...

Simply gorgeous Erika!
Have a great week!
Susi xxx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, love the lightbulb and what a wonderful quote to team it with.
Avril xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that background -the pattern and gold color are striking. And I got a kick out of the sentiment and lightbulb image.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous page you created. I love the steampunk light bulb. It sets the whole scene. Is that a new set of TH paper dolls? I have two sets and these children are new to me. I absolutely love this page and am also pleased you shared it at Art Journal Journey using my hearts theme.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning page! The lightbulb image looks amazing against your stenciled background and the colours with the gold accents is perfect too - I love it 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous page Erika I love how you added the lightbulb, with the center heart glowing with love.
Yvonne xx

R's Rue said...

Love it

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool! Great bg, super fun light bulb and cute images. This is really fun and inspiring.

Jeanie said...

this one is great fun and very pretty! Love it and the fun feeling of it!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for explaining so well - it came out great, oh, I wish I would have ideas like that!
Thank you for sharing.
Oh, the hearts are so cute, too.
A nice day to you and hugs!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

The details are very nice and expressive !!
I am thrilled, wonderful this Journal!!!
Greetings Elke

craftytrog said...

A fabulous composition Erika! I love the lightbulb, what a great find!
Alison xx

Cath Wilson said...

Brilliant page, Erika. That lightbulb is amazing, but the whole thing just fits. Beautiful background and great characters. I love this.
Cath x

Lowcarb team member said...

I just cannot dis-agree ...
It's a lovely page :)

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a brilliant page....and not just because of the light bulb....although that does make a fabulous image between your couple! Hugs, Chrisx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love this one Erika, the gold really adds luminance to this fab page with the dark patches helping highlight and bring out those background shapes. An ageless creation that will put a smile on anyones face.. fantastic!
Sending creative wishes your way as we start a new week Hugs Tracey xx

Marjut said...

A fantastic page. I like the lightbulb with the heart.