Monday, March 30, 2020

My Last Green Irish Journal Page

Happy new week everyone. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I had some art time, read and took Sunday off from using the computer. It was nice. Now that I am teaching online from home I feel like I am spending too much of my day on a computer. It is  too easy to never leave work as the computer is always sitting there, and it is sometimes hard to not check in via email or Google classroom which is one format we are using. (And for those of you who asked, we are using ZOOM, and online meeting format, to meet with our kids.)
I will stop by and visit as I get some time today.
This month is almost over so I wanted to share the last pages from my imaginary trip to Ireland. 
Sorry about the light issues on the top right corner of this first page. I used a transparency with harps on it (you can just see a few) as harps are a part of Irish culture.
 I had a lot of fun collaging these various elements on both of these pages.
And I am going to link up with Eileen's GREEN challenge at Art Journal Journey
I'm keeping this short since it is just about time to go to work, or should I say go out to the table and go back online.
Hope you have a good start to your week.

15 comments:

Barbara said...

Being at the computer these days is a blessing in that we can do so many things with it, but it is also a curse for those who have to rely on it to do their work. I guess the only answer is to be very diligent with pacing oneself. Catch up later!

Barbara said...

PS...WONDERFUL images of a trip to Ireland, real and/or imagined.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your pages are lovely, you have made a wonderful album. Have great day, don't work too hard, hugs, Valerie

R's Rue said...

❤️

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, great page-and perfect for green. lots of cool elements and textures-hugs

Mrs.B said...

There's been some fabulous pages in this Irish Journal, loving all the different images you used to capture the Irish spirit.
Have a good week and stay safe.
Avril xx

craftytrog said...

They are both beautiful pages Erika! I love the message on the second one.
Best wishes,
Alison xx

froebelsternchen said...

Both pages are amazing! So lovely collaged ... Fabulous!
Stay safe!
Elbow hugs,
Susi xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

Great to see your green art, lovely pages again :)

We've had a good start to the week, just taking one day at a time and making sure we get something good from each day.

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Meggymay said...

Your Irish journal pages have been fabulous and I'm sure you would have enjoyed visiting the Emerald Isle. Our youngest lived and worked out there for 3 years and we had a few happy holidays with him there.
Take care and be safe.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You made really good use of the items you bought online. They turned into fabulous pages, filled with wonderful Irish charm. I think you did a very good job and these last two pages are fabulous. Great use of different ephemera, too. I love them both and they are perfect for Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for explaining about the Chrome books. Either your school is really, really rich, or you don't have that many students. Kids in Wichita may have their own laptops, their parents' computers, or nothing to get them on the internet. You are SO lucky to have that electronic access. Can you imagine having to prepare packets of weekly handouts for every student in all your classes, AND creating online lessons, too. Talk about a nightmare.

CJ Kennedy said...

A fun journal and beautifully presented

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, you have a lot of Irish bits and pictures! So many cool details. Love how this journal is turning out. I can just imagine how much fun this imaginary traveler had on her trip!

Jeanie said...

Love the Irish journal! I hope you do this next March, too!

Eileen Bergen said...

Two more wonderfful pages from your Ireland Travel Journal, Erika. I've really enjoyed following your imaginary trip to the Emerald Isle.

Thank you for sharing the pages with us at Art Journal Journey and for all of your support of my green theme throughout the month. I don't know how you fit it all into your busy schedule with the added stress of moving to teaching online. But thank you :-)

Stay safe and well.

Eileen xx