Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Beauty of Nature

Hi everyone. Two weeks have flown by and it is time again for another new challenge at Try It On Tuesday
Today we start a challenge called the Beauty of Nature. Think about all the beautiful things in nature and take some inspiration from them. This is especially true now that most of us are stuck inside  than before the Covid-19 reared its ugly head. 
  I got to thinking about spring, and that made me think of cherry blossoms. Cherry blossoms made me think about Japan.
So here's my page.

I started with a green background and some pink stamped polka dots. Then I added some bits of cherry blossom paper from my scrap pile. I added some die cut cherry blossoms  and this die cut pagoda. The paper was a little thick so it didn't all cut all the way through, but I like the shape so I added it anyhow. The cranes are stamped and fussy cut and then I added a few other bits and pieces to finish off my page.
And don't forget to check out the design team's pieces. They have such great takes on this challenge for your inspiration. 

And since my page also has green, I am going to make one last link up to Eileen's challenge at Art Journal Journey. Thanks Eileen for a great month and a great challenge. Green was a very inspiring challenge theme.
Thanks for visiting, and I can't wait to see you over at the Try It On Tuesday challenge.

18 comments:

sirkkis said...

A wonderful creation, Erika.
We have here a sunny, beautiful day.
I hope that you have there, too.

Stay well and safe yourself xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! What could be better than seeing the cherry blossom in Japan, I can see why you were so inspired 😁. You have captured their beauty perfectly! Wishing you a happy new week, stay safe and well! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

A wonderful and beautiful page Erika, the cherry blossom trees must look lovely to see them for real in Japan, the ones close to us hopefully will bloom soon.
Stay safe and well.
Yvonne xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page Erika, cherry blossoms are always lovely. Take care, hugs, Valerie

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Cath Wilson said...

ooh, cherry blossom - it always invokes Spring and the gorgeous pastels around right now. I love it. And I'm actually pleased to see that some Asian stamping is becoming 'trendy' again - even if trendy no longer matters, lol. I have a huge stash of Oriental stamps and would so enjoy using them - not to mention the washi papers I have stashed away. Your page brought them to mind, with the gorgeous colours they're in. Lovely to see the cranes, too...and pagodas take me back to my childhood Geography classes, lol. It's a great page, Erika. Looks as if you had lots of fun.
Cath x

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely page. You really captured the feel of cherry blossoms in Japan

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Erika, love the oriental feel to it. There's nothing nicer than the delicate pink blossom of the cherry trees and how lucky you were to visit Japan.
Hugs, Avril xx

Eileen Bergen said...

You surprised me by jumping from Ireland all the way to Japan with your last page for March, Erika. I arm-chair traveled to Japan with you three or four times. So I was delighted to see this wonderful page.

Thank you for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey and for all of your support of my green theme throughout the month.

Stay safe and well.

Eileen xx

Joan said...

It's a lovely page Erica, the cherry blossom is so pretty and like you it makes me think of Japan although in our town we have a lovely walk across our Stray(which is open grassland) and the path is lined on both sides with flowering cherry trees, when I was working I often walked that way to work

Joan x

Helen said...

Gorgeous spring art page Erika! I LOVE the cherry blossoms and the Japanese theme!!! Simply stunning!!!! ((HUGS)) Hlene

Marjut said...

Lovely and happy page.
Stay safe and well
Hugs Marjut

Jeanie said...

Cherry blossoms are the perfect "think spring!" I love it!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, that's a wonderful theme - I'm guessing you'll see quite a lot of me!

Glorious page - I love the rosy flower scraps dancing around the page and the fresh bright greens are perfect for springtime. I saw a fabulous little meme of cranes (or a similar bird) doing exactly this dance just yesterday... so that's made me smile again. Love the added postage stamps too - what a great touch.
Alison x

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous Erika! I love those pretty papers and colours!
Alison xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Erika I love that you have gone to Japan for your gorgeous page! The pagoda and cranes look wonderful amongst the cherry blossom! Hugs, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

You timed the cherry blossom piece perfectly for the season :)

Neet said...

I love anything Asian so your page really appeals to me. The cherry blossom is so reminiscent of Japan, not that I have ever been but from programmes on TV it looks wonderful. Love the pagoda and the two cranes but it is the background that really draws me to this journal page.
Hugs, Neet xx