Wednesday, May 10, 2023

A Page Inspired by a Rainy May Day

 Hi everyone. Happy Wednesday, And unlike last Wednesday, it is NOT a gloomy day but a lovely spring one. 😀

Today I have a journal page to share for Aimeslee's Flowers challenge at Art Journal Journey.


I started off with my background page from an old Somerset Studio magazine. I added the scalloped edge on the right and also added a thin strip of metallic printed paper on the left. You might also see I also cut some of the  little flowery looking designs from that same metallic printed paper that's on the left, and I randomly spread them around the page. 

To cover up the edge between the background paper and my added paper edge on the left I added some little black plastic beads. I also die cut a flower 3 times in black and attached those to my page. I outlined them with a white pen and added some little confetti pieces in the center. I also added some confetti pieces to the cut out "flowers that are scattered around the page.  Finally I added a purple felt butterfly I had as well as a price button and finally I stamped the lovely word 3 times.

I thought I'd also share a few photos from when I went into Boston last Thursday with my husband. He had a doctors appointment, but because of the city traffic, one never knows exactly how long it could take for you to get there. We left early and had over an hour before his appointment when we arrived, so I dragged him on a little walk in some of the streets of the Beacon Hill neighborhood which is the  area across the street from the hospital.

Beacon Hill is a pretty and older area, and I was impressed with all the flowers outside of the old brownstones. Since it was a rainy May day, I thought these photos would work with  today's journal  post.









And here you can see the raindrops in a puddle. 



I particularly like this last photo.


I hope you enjoyed them.
Thanks for visiting, and have a great middle of your week. 





23 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Rainy today here, too :-)
Sadly just a bit.... But I was outside.

Yes. As my Dad used to say, better be 10 minutes early than 5 minutes late. Hope all went well. Scary times.

Beautiful pics, hug

Tom said...

...Beacon Hill is all decked out for spring. I love the doorways. Keep your umbrella handy.

nwilliams6 said...

I totally see how you were inspired by the rainy day and these fabulous flowers. Love your colors and flower details, Erika. MAkes me want to do art and to go get some flowers! Hugz

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful post I loved it
Happy mid-week
hugs Kathy

Angie's Recipes said...

It has been raining on and off over here too...Love those beautiful flowers and the greens. So springy and pretty!

Divers and Sundry said...

So many pretty spring flowers! It's sunny now, but rain is predicted for later, which means we may get a sprinkle or 2 or maybe more significant rain, or maybe neither lol Our high today is predicted to be 83. Nice!

R's Rue said...

I love all the flowers.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope all went well with your husband's medical appointment, Erika. I would also have taken time to explore Beacon Hill as these older parts of major cities, like Boston and Philadelphia, are amount the best reasons to visit. And, it's also nice that they are free and only require foot power.

Jeanie said...

I used to go to Boston a bit in the "old days" and Beacon Hill and Back Bay (where I would stay) were my favorite parts. It's beautiful territory, as you so beautifully show in your photos. And yes, that last reflection one is terrific. I hope the appointment went well indeed.

Valerie-Jael said...

It poured here this morning, but this afternoon I had to go to the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor for a checkup and it was dry, so I walked there and back. It takes me a long time, but it's a good feeling when I manage it! Then I visited Heike on the way home and now I'm back and writing to you. Love the houses and the beautiful flower decorations, I was only in Boston once for one day, and the tour guide kept tellng us about the wicked British! I hope the check up for your husband went well. I'm stil thinkin abot the bees cleaning their house, astonishing! Hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

And of course I love your beautiful journal page! Hugs!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! Loving the colour palette and the spring feel, it's so lovely 😊. All your flowers photos are gorgeous too, it looks like a wonderful pace to visit and thank you for sharing. I hope you having a fabulous month! Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page is lovely and Beacon Hill is so quaint and charming. I wish I had the knack with flowers that these people have. I hope you're enjoying sunshine today

Christine said...

Lovely page, beautiful flowers!

Food Blogger said...

Beautiful photos of lovely flowers. I loved this post!

WendyK said...

Lovely page, the muted colours are great, and just the same tones as the hydrangea in the first photo. Boston looks interesting and your last photo is perfect. Hope all is well, hugs Wendy

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Fingers crossed for a good outcome from your husband's medical appointment. I have visited Boston twice, but both times on business, and didn't get a chance to explore the city. Based on your pictures it looks quite appealing and I probably missed a lot. Hugs - David

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When I visited Boston on my way to Cambridge, I drove through the Beacon Hill area. It was truly lovely and so were the flowers you showed in pots. Just gorgeous and so spring like.

Of course, I fell in love with your latest entry you have given us from AJJ using Aimeslee's theme. The flowers you stamped and the scallops on the right side of the page make it extra special.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Flowers and colors are such a welcome sight after each Winter.

Neet said...

Such a delightful flowery page for AJJ. I love how you put it all together with the various elements involved. Those purple flowers look utterly charming against that backcloth and I love how it just repeats the word "Lovely"
What a lovely display of window boxes you had on your drive through, I love looking at windows and doors, especially if they have flowers close to them.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely flowers in your photographs.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is absolutely wonderful page- love the muted colours, the flowers, the scalloped edge - lovely indeed! What a fabulous walk around that area - glad you arrived early! Hugs, Chrisx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Erika, your page is quite striking! The silvery look is cool. And those flower photos are interesting, the floral combinations in containers are something you don't see too often down here, maybe because down here it would be overgrown in no time. Reminds me of floral arrangements, fun. Happy weekend! xoxo