Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Make It Masculine

Hi everyone. I'm back today with a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday.

Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Keep It Simple challenge. Sometimes it is harder to stay simple than to get more complex, isn't it? I also want to thank Esther for having been our guest designer for our last challenge.

Our new theme  for the next 2 weeks is

Make It Masculine


I'm sure you can think of lots of masculine ideas from sports, steampunk, fishing, darker colors, cars, etc..

I was excited to go with an ocean theme because I love visiting the ocean, and it works perfectly for a masculine  challenge. Plus my hubby is a boat person so this page is for him.

I started with a white page that I used to clean off the paint from a stencil. I liked how it looked, so once the paint dried I inked the page a bit, glued down some ocean theme paper scraps, and then added a variety of die cuts and other ephemera from  my stash. 

Then I stamped this quote from an old Artistic Outpost set. 


We welcome all types of art at Try It on Tuesday. We hope you're thinking masculine and join us.

And before I forget, check out all the other ideas from our designers too.  There's a lot of inspiration to help you come up with some great masculine ideas should you feel stuck.
Thanks for visiting. 

 

17 comments:

Hels said...

I love the ocean, ships and the colour blue :)

lichazul said...

Great jobπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ i like the blues
Congrats πŸ’ have a great day

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am not a huge fan of boats but the ocean draws me like iron filings to a magnet. I hope to see the Pacific again in September with a visit to Vancouver Island. If the only the forest fires will behave....... hugs - David

Tom said...

...masculine ideas don't just come from sports, steampunk, fishing, darker colors and cars!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Absolutely stunning background for this gorgeous spread Erika! LOVE al the ocean embellishments!!! Have a fabulous week! ((HUGS)) Helen

lichazul said...

PD...no open the link for save new Challenger

Christine said...

Nice page

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Erika. Just the perfect manly theme and works great because of your husband's boat.

craftytrog said...

I love this page Erika! It's fabulous!
Alison

Lowcarb team member said...

This is great, and perfect in blues background.

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

I absolutely love that page! We have much maritime deco here.
Hugs

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page it really shows how much you must love the sea and the ocean, A super background for the sail rigged boat and the details you added.
Yvonne xx

Joan said...

I love your nautical page Erika, a fabulous masculine piece


Joan x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Quite a nice page, you! Very seaworthy, love all your elements and design of them. XOX

pearshapedcrafting said...

I guessed that you would be able to find a wonderful boat for this theme! This really does have some fabulous details! Hugs, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

I love the background for this page Erika, it reminds me of the foam on the waves, it's just perfect for the images you've added.
Avril xx