Sunday, May 21, 2023

Another Weekend Morning

Hi everyone. Happy Sunday to you.

My page today for Aimeslee's Flower challenge at  Art Journal Journey has another weekend and relaxing theme.  I hope this is how my morning will be. Smile.


I used a lot of ripped pieces of colored cardstock to create my background. All the images are cut out of old magazine pages. I did double outline the words don't hurry to give them a but more of a homemade look. 

I think I should have added a bee to the flowers in those cups. Good thing I can go back and do that-smile.

And let me share some more photos from Magnolia Gardens in Charleston. 


The live oaks lining the driveway were spectacular.


And here's 2 photos of the gate. These are for you Iris.



The only more formal planted gardens were right around the entrance where you paid to get it. I rejoined my local botanical garden as a member this  year, and  under the reciprocal  American Horticulture Society agreement (since Magnolia and my local botanical garden belong  to the American  Horticulture Society), my friend and I both got in for free.









 
And here's one last photo. I was looking up at the Spanish Moss. I like this photo and the way the moss hanging down gives this photo lots of motion.


I'm also linking up to GIllena's Sunday Smiles over at her Lunch Break blog.Enjoy the rest of your weekend and start to the new week.







23 comments:

Tom said...

...those foxgloves are gorgeous!!! Don't hurry.

Hels said...

I always appreciate the history written on a plaque, even if the metal amongst the plants looks a bit non-organic. And I always stop to read it, so thank you Magnolia Gardens.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am drooling a little just imagining the birds that would have been flitting around in the magnolia gardens. Prothonotary Warbler springs to mind immediately. And that's apart from the sheer pleasure of the flowers. Hugs - David

Angie's Recipes said...

The driveway with those oaks looks really nice. Love those colourful blooming flowers.

kathyinozarks said...

Happy Sunday gorgeous flowers

CJ Kennedy said...

Don't Hurry is the perfect mantra for the weekend. Lovely gardens. The blue flowers are my favorite. Enjoy the sun and warmer weather today. It's on the way

Christine said...

Lovely page and the flowers are gorgeous

Jeanie said...

Love this page -- it's fun. And those gardens -- wow. Really stunning.

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

Gillena Cox said...

Amazing flowers and cardstock art Erika.
Thank you for linking to SSs at Lunch Break today

Much💖love

nwilliams6 said...

Advice we all need to follow! Love your page, Erica. Love how you left the cups and flowers white against that fabulous colorful background. Wonderfully done. Hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

A mocha pot! Sometimes that one little cup of very strong coffee is just what I need :)

It's nice when a place has room for both huge trees and sun-loving flowers. This place looks like a real treat.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous happy morning journal page, and wonderful photos, especially the last one- wow! Happy Sunday! Hugs, Valerie

Aimeslee Winans said...

A wonderful weekend page, Erika. I hope it did turn out to be true. :)
Those are splendid and huge blossoms, even the ground cover seems to have really big leaves! While I'm not a fan of living with Spanish Moss at all, I do agree it's fascinating to look at and does cool stuff in the wind. Have a great Monday, xoxo

Iris Flavia said...

Not so nice memories of flat-sharing times with that coffee-maker...

Ohhhh, Henry sure feels very honored!

Beautiful flowers. Please wish me luck with the wildflowers I planted for the bees! Hugs

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That is a beautiful page! Wonderful photos from Magnolia Gardens!
Happy week, hug Elke

NatureFootstep said...

lol, I like this kind of old trees moving and leaning all over the place.
Hm, think it is time for a cup of coffee :) :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A beautiful stroll through these gardens, Erika. I especially liked the sign and the old fencing in the first photo which certainly didn't let on of the beauties yet to come.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was quite impressed with this most recent entry using Aimeslee's theme at AJJ. I think my grandmother had one of those coffee pots. I like the colorful and impressive background you created. What a great way to use your scraps.

Magnolia Plantation is beautiful. Lovely Lions, too. Great price. I always like FREE. Wise of you to join. Both my zoo and my botanical gardens have this exchange program, so if you decide to visit, you will have a place to stay (grin). Just don't expect elaborate meals!! I'm a quick and lazy cook.

craftytrog said...

Beautiful blooms, and I love your page and its message Erika!

Caty said...

This is a fantastic Art journal page Erika ! It is very happy with bright background and beautiful cups with flowers. I wish you a great and relaxing week :) Enjoy
Big hugs, Caty

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page with all those collaged coloured papers! I love the contrast of the black and white images too 😊. Charleston is an amazing place and the Magnolia Gardens are wonderful. Thanks for the memories and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous page, a good reminder to slow down too! What a beautiful garden to visit- that's definitely my kind of garden, hugs, Chrisx