Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Keep It Simple

Hi everyone. The last 2 weeks have flown by and it's time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday.

Thank you to everyone who joined our Use a Stencil challenge. And also thank you Ina for being our host.  I loved seeing all the different ways people used stencils, and some of you have some really great stencils too.

This time our new challenge is
Keep It Simple. 


I have another card to share today. I made this one when I made my stenciled cards for our last TIOT challenge.
For my stenciled card I had used watercolor paint with a stencil.  When stenciling with watercolor paints you get lots of wet paint on the  actual-not cut out parts- of the stencil. 

For this card I flipped  the stencil over and took what had been the top and made that the side which would go up against the paper.  By taking a paper towel and rubbing the wet side down,  it transferred all the excess watercolor paints onto my paper, and I came up with this fun background. 

I then stamped the moon on white paper, colored it, fussy cut it and added it. I stamped the quote directly onto the card. And finally I added a few sequined stars to finish it off.

Here's the image now mounted on a blue card.



You have the next 2 weeks to join our challenge at Try It On Tuesday. We accept all kinds of art.  And I would be remiss if I didn't also mention that you need to check out all the great art shared by the design team.

I hope you're into making something simple.

And thanks for visiting my blog.



18 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Keeping it simple seems like a mantra for us all. I know that I sometimes unnecessarily complicate things in my own life. But a cheerful burst of bird song can bring me down to reality in a hurry. That's about as simple as it gets but there's little that's more beautiful or more life-affirming. I hope a cardinal serenades you today, Erika. Hugs - David

Tom said...

...often less is more.

Angie's Recipes said...

The page is simple but very beautifully designed.

Christine said...

This is great I love simple

R's Rue said...

So pretty.

Divers and Sundry said...

I love how you arranged this one. Sweet!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You made it sound simple. I have also turned my stencil over in the past and I got great results, too. This is a fun entry and a lovely card, Erika.

Helen said...

Just beautiful Erika! LOVE that background!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Valerie-Jael said...

This is fabuloous, Erika, love the message! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

I love your theme this month, Erika!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! I love how it came together with all those splatters - amazing 😊. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Joan said...

Thats a great background with reversal of the stencil, its a fab piece


Joan

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fab technique for the background, turned out perfectly for a gorgeous card! xoxo

Meggymay said...

A fantastic card Erika and a great sentiment to go with the moon image. Have a good rest of the week.
Yvonne xx

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you. This was a wonderful memory of my Dad (who "forced" us to watch the stars in icy-cold nights) and the Australian Outback! Hugs (thank you, really)

Neet said...

Doesn't that card look good! Great background with the upside down stencil (or back to front or whatever it is called) and the moon is just right perched there. such a great card.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a great way to use up the ink and what a lovely card this is! Hugs,Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

The reverse stencil makes a great background and works so well with your theme of moon and stars. Love the quote.
Avril xx