Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Use a Stencil

Hi everyone. 

It's time (already) for another challenge to begin at Try It On Tuesday. Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Rainbow Colors challenge.  And also a big thank you to Bonnie who was a guest designer last challenge also.

Our newest challenge uses one of my favorite supplies. This time we ask you to
USE A STENCIL.

I used to make a lot of cards, but then I really lost interest in making them. However, as suddenly as I stopped making them, I am now inspired to make them again.

Here's some card backgrounds. I used 2 different stencils as well as some bright pan watercolor paints.


My card on the Try It On Tuesday site  is this one.


After watercoloring my background, I attached it to a blue card. I used this 2 little fish rubber stamp and black ink to add a few onto my card. I then used a fish covered embossing folder and some blue cardstock. After embossing I fussy cut the textured fish and added a few to my card.

Finally I stamped the quote, added a few little air bubble baubles and used a black Sharpie to outline the image.

I thought I would also share the second card I made using the multi-colored stenciled background I also showed you in the first photo. 


I attached this stenciled and watercolored background to a black card. I stamped the sentiment. It didn't come out very dark so I colored it in with a Sharpie and added some white pen details. Then I added a few confetti foam flowers. 

Don’t forget to check out all the design teams art too. There’s lots of inspiration for you there also .

I hope you're inspired to use a  stencil and make some fun art for our latest Try It On Tuesday challenge. You have 2 weeks to join in.

Thanks for visiting. 

 

22 comments:

Tom said...

..live life in full color, amen!

Angie's Recipes said...

Live life in full colour..absolutely beautiful!

Mae Travels said...

Those colorful cards are very pretty. I used to send cards but now everyone is so computerized that it seems too slow!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

What beautiful cards! I love both of your designs with the stencilling and wonderful additions; those fish are so much fun and the little confetti flowers are perfect 😊. Wishing you a very Happy May! Hugs, Jo x

Helen said...

LOVE your stencil work on these gorgeous cards Erika! Those fish are just priceless!!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Christine said...

Very nice!

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun use of stencils. Love your cards

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are wonderful. You certainly iut your stencils to good use, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your cards, especially the last one, I just love colour, and this one really speaks to me! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Dianne said...

Love these bright and cheery cards! I especially like the fluorescent quality of the "Live life in color" one!

And thanks for stopping by to comment on my blog...I've neglected it for so long. Would love to see your Hobonichi pages!
Dianne

Viv said...

Two fab cards! x

Nas said...

Very beautiful and colorful!

Joan said...

Love the bright colours, two fab cards

Iris Flavia said...

I absolutely love your work, oh, beautiful!
To be honest... I don´t know if I still have stencils, I´ll have to look!
Also for time, LOL! Hugs

Neet said...

Two lovely cards - both so different, but equally lovely. (I must admit I love the splash of colour one)
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Erika, both of these are wonderful - the fishy one has such fabulous texture and the brightly coloured one just make me happy to see it! Hugs, Chrisx

Pia S said...

I fell in love with your fish card as soon as I spotted it, so fun. I also have a special fondness for cards that can be used for any person, male or female, and I feel this card falls into that category.
Then you are showing us a second treasure - I love all the colors and how you matched flower foams to each color section.

Ina G said...

Both cards are fabulous Erika. Those fish are so 'cool' with that striking colourful background and your second stencilled one os full of colour with the perfect sentiment.

Aimeslee Winans said...

I love both your cards, Erika. Fabulous stenciling! xoxo

Meggymay said...

Fantastic colourful cards Erika and great inspiration for the new TioT theme, I love the fish one.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous cards Erika, those fish are such fun and I love the sentiment you used. Love the vibrant colours on the second card and the way you've centred the sentiment.
Avril xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I do love all that enthusiastic color :)