Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Birds And/Or Feathers

Hi everyone   It is once again time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday

Thank you to everyone who joined our Masculine challenge. There was a lot of great masculine inspired art. And I'd like to especially thank  Alison for being our guest designer. 

Our newest challenge runs for the next 2 weeks. This time our theme is 

Birds and/or Feathers


My page was made in one of my art journals. The background paper was the graph paper side, and I added some blue paper to the left. Then I sprayed both sides with some golden yellow ink to look like rays of sunshine.

I love the ocean so my birds all have a marine theme. I used almost all dies to cut out my images for this page.


I did add the beach, and used some blue little prims (like mini beads) to add a bit of texture. Finally I added the words "one day by the sea".

You have the next 2 weeks to join our challenge, and we accept all kinds of art. I hope you love birds and/or feathers like I do and will join us at Try It On Tuesday.

And don't forget to check out the other designers art also because birds and feathers come in all sorts of varieties.

I am also linking up to Matilde's Numbers challenge  at Art Journal Journey. I purposely used the word one-meaning the number one- in my quote so I'd have a number on my page. 

I hope to see your birds and/or feather inspired art at Try It On Tuesday


16 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I will be very keen to see what everyone comes up with for this theme, Erika. Lots of scope for creativity with inherent beauty to work with. Hugs - David

Tom said...

...one day by the sea leads to another and another for me!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a fabulous page, Erika. I love it a lot. I really like that you also chose to share it with us at AJJ using Matilde's theme, but I also like the texture you created along with the birds.

Angie's Recipes said...

I would love to spend my summer by the sea :-)

Pia S said...

I love sea scenes and nautical cards as I love the ocean and its salty, fresh air. I love how you divided the page between sandy beach and ocean and the decorative pearl detail!

Viv said...

Fabulous Erika! x

Matilde said...

Oh, summer is all around! Thanks for sharing and joining my theme at AJJ 😍

Christine said...

Beautiful!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Aha, I see your porthole, lol. You have a great assortment of bird dies, too. I have a netting die but sadly not that many bird dies, especially tiny ones although I do have some seagulls. I like how you used the prills or microbeads, I have an entire drawer of them, never used them yet. It's a very fine page perfectly capturing the seafaring feel. I hope your porch plans go well this week! xoxo

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I love this wonderful journal page!!!!
Happy day, hug Elke

Helen said...

Absolutely love your art journal page Erika! That netting and the birds are fabulous on your background! Have a fantastic week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Jeanie said...

This is a beautiful and very interesting piece!

Neet said...

I am in love. Withy this page in your journal.
Love everything about it but the porthole really caught my eye as soon as i saw it, and the netting behind it. So glad you chose marine birds it wouldn't have been the same otherwise. What a fab page this is Erika.
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

Oh my I love this page Erika and and those super netting details.
As always its been catch up again, your garden photos look so pretty in a previous post and those journal pages for AJJ look amazing.
Hope all is going well for you.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

A great page Erika, dividing the page was a great idea reminding you of waves lapping on the beach. Love the netting and porthole dies you used. Avril xx

Joan said...

I love your page Erica, can almost smell the salt air! The waves made with the micro beads are so clever, just a lovely nautical page


Joan x