Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Summer Blooms

Hi everyone. I feel like I was just here  introducing a new challenge over at Try It on Tuesday. Well, 2 weeks have passed, and it's time we change our theme.

First of all let me thank Bleubeard and Elizabeth for being our guest host  for our last challenge.  And also let me thank everyone who joined us with some bird/feathers themed art also. 

And now for our new challenge. Summer is here, and so this time our challenge is about something many people love about this season. Our new theme is 

Summer Blooms


My page was inspired by a summer garden and the butterflies that fly from flower to flower. My art journal page started with a flower stencil and some light pink stenciling paste. One that was dry I inked the background green and then to brighten up the light ink, I brushed on some bright pink watercolor paint. I like how the watercolor paint left that puddle look once it dried instead of covering the whole petal perfectly. Then I used some yellow pims in the middle of each flower for some texture.


I die cut the butterflies with one of those cut and emboss at the same time dies. I did ink them in a darker pink just to bring out the details. FInally I stamped the words, fussy cut them out of the paper and added them to my page.

Summer blooms should be a fun challenge, but if you're stuck,(and even if you're not) don't forget to check out the art from the other design team members.

This challenge runs for the next 2 weeks, and all types of art are accepted. I wish you all a happy start to summer, and I hope you're inspired by some summer blooms and join us at Try It On Tuesday.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.



 

16 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

That´s a very beautiful page. Here still nothing in bloom. I think next year I´ll buy at the nursery... The only blooms I have are on the tea-towels.
Summer takes a break here, sadly.

sirkkis said...

A beautiful, charming art journal page with happy words, Erika.
Here we have had hot weather all over the county for several days, and now it's coming thunders but hot days are continuing, so the weather man says ;)
Have happy happy days with blooming flowers and nice busy bees xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Erika, love your beautiful page in different shades of pink, so pretty. The flower centres look great, too. My balcony has wonderful pink petunias blooming and all the gardens here are full of flowers, so pretty to see! Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...remember happy dream beautiful memories, amen sister!

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful

Helen said...

Love all your summer blooms! So very pretty! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Butterflies and blooms will do it for me every time. Hugs - David

Angie's Recipes said...

Beautiful summer blooms! I only wish we had more sunshine...last two days were so clouded though very warm.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Christine said...

Perfect challenge for summer

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stunning is the word I would use to describe this beautiful journal entry for TioT. It is quite well done and nicely executed, too.

Joan said...

Lovely bright summery page, love the colours


Joan x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page,love the beautiful butterflies and stencilled flowers
Carol x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful colourful and summery, floral page Erika, I love those butterflies as well. Catching up again and cuppa in hand about to read your posts I have missed.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

I love your beautiful summer garden page Erika!
Hope you're having a good week.
Alison

Aimeslee Winans said...

I like how you outlined the petals of the flowers, they look hand drawn for your pretty and colorful summer page. Well, since all those flowers in May and making a flower card each month for Beautiful Blossoms, my flower mojo is more wilted than blooming, lol. Perhaps I'll get in the mood next week. This week is full up already. Hope your week is going well, xoxo