Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Oldies with Numbers

 Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week to you.

Today I am here to share another page, well actually 3 pages, for Matilde's It's All About Numbers challenge at Art Journal  

These 3 pages  are all from back last winter that I never posted. They are pages in my Florida travel journal. You might remember that at the end of January my husband and I tried to escape from winter for a few days in the Florida sunshine. Well it wasn't very warm in Florida, but we did  do a few things that were on each of our bucket lists. 


There are numbers in between black squares on this stenciled piece of deli paper. I used one of the little key card holders from the trip as a little folder to write down some secret (smile)  info.
And if that doesn't work, then these last 2  pages in my Florida travel journal should be perfect because they have a lot of obvious numbers on them.





And rather than more Iceland photos since I haven't had a lot of time to organize them, let me show you a few garden blooms that I came home to.


A few roses are coming out, and hurrah- I thought I would totally miss my rises. That made me sad, but luckily it was damp and cool and they are still blooming.


And my Siberian irises are looking amazing. 



And last year I planted a couple of new iris bulbs, and look at the color on this one.


And it is also the start of peony season.



Due to some weird winter weather, a lot of flowering shrubs and trees lost their top buds. You can see that on my orange azalea. Sadly, it only bloomed along the bottom this year. So did my weeping cherry tree. I took this next photo before we left on our trip. 


But not my pink azalea. It's been blooming beautifully.




OK, enough said for today.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is always appreciated.


 






14 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Your garden is doing great! Love those Siberian irises!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I’m very glad that you were able to see your roses, Erika. It would have been a shame to miss them. Having seen your Florida journal it will be interesting to see what form your Iceland journal takes. We will all be waiting to see what develops. Hugs - David

Tom said...

...you were welcomed home to some lovely colors.

Valerie-Jael said...

The pages from your journal are great and they have numbers! A good selection for Matilde's challenge. And your flowers are wonderful - full of colours and just beautiful. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Nice memories! I think I might still have some receipts from Australia 1995... likely it´s but while paper by now ;-)
Wow to all the flowers!
Here still nothing, so thank you for sharing, hugs

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, Your blooms are so gorgeous! Loving those pretty colors. Loved your journal pages too Happy mid week Hugs Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

the numbers theme is so fun. I really like using things like the key card holder for private thoughts or under writing. Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts today

Christine said...

Lovely art and flowers

Jeanie said...

Oh, those IRIS! I have/had only one and not purple, which are my favorites!

Neet said...

Our Iris have been and gone but yours are beautiful. Wow that deep purple one, special, but i do like them all.
Love the peonies, again ours have been and gone, surprised anything is keeping with this unexpected heat we are having. Gorgeous rose!
Love the pages in your journal, how lucky they all had numbers on so you could use them for the challenge.
I am struggling to get one done for next week as I went out today for the first time and I am whacked!
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing amount of numbers you got from each of these Florida inspired travel journal pages. They are fabulous. I always love the way you save the detritus of your trip. I always do the same. It makes for such great collage fodder. Thanks for these inspiring pages you shared using Matilde's theme at
AJJ.

Your garden is a riot of color. I am in awe because I have only gotten one rose this year and no irises. Yours are stunning. I really LOVE that deep purple iris. You really bought a great one.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It is nice to see how well your flowers have been doing, Erika, even while you were away on an adventure.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, Erika. Fun travel pages and oh my those peonies and irises are magnificent! XOX

Carola Bartz said...

Your peonies are gorgeous, Erika! Unfortunately, here peony season is long over and mine weren't that good this year, despite a lot of rain and freezing nights. I think your garden is really beautiful.