Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Blue

 Hi everyone. Happy middle of the week to you.

Today I have some randoms bits and pieces to share. I'll start with a page from my Greece travel journal. 


     I was cleaning out some papers one day a few weeks ago, and I came across some black papers I had dipped into some marbling paint. This particular paper reminded me immediately of the jellyfish we saw one day on my trip to Greece. I decided to use it as a memory page, even though the Aegean Sea was  NOT black. I thought the letters on the stickers worked for the water color though.

     Here's a couple photos of the jellyfish my page was inspired by.



     I am linking my page up to Valerie's Geometric Forms challenge at Art Journal Journey. Besides the jellyfish form, you can see the  black circles on acetate that I glued down onto my page.

     The other day I shared some yellow photos from my Greece trip, so today let me share some blue with you.  I'll start with this one and the deep blue of the morning sky. I snapped this from the window during our last morning in Greece. We had a late morning flight that day and needed to be at the airport fairly early. This is the view from where we stayed.



Blue mountains, blue sky, and a hazy morning landscape.


 Looking up at a bridge (top) through the sky light from the backseat of the car.


Here's a full on view of that bridge with the blue Ionian Sea, blue mountains and blue sky.


Now the view of the bridge is from when we were driving over that bridge in the other direction.  I was sitting in the front seat for this photo.


Blue water, blue on the boat, and does anyone see something resembling the evil eye?


More landscapes with blue






I took this photo for my husband.


And it was a gorgeous day in this next photo. I would love to have been on that boat.


This cool evil eye was hanging in one of the places we stayed. 


A couple of views from the balcony of where we stayed in Corfu.



A sign with some blue,


and finally for today's post, the blues boxes for this octopus (I believe) in tomato sauce I saw in a grocery store we used as well as a pretty scene on some bottles of a new alcohol for me called Tsipouro. And no, I didn't try the Tsipouro. 




I hope you're having a lovely day. 


16 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning and happy Wednesday. I enjoyed your art and travel photos. Love that wine bottle how pretty.
enjoy your day Kathy

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Blue is perhaps more ubiquitous than we realize! All the best - David

Tom said...

...blue is a fabulous color and you captured it beautifully. The bridge is spectacular. Erika, enjoy your day.

Katerinas Blog said...

Erica your photos are amazing.
I really like the blue of the sky, the blue of the sea and the green of the islands.
At least in Halkidiki where I go, there are few jellyfish after October, I haven't seen them in the summer.
Thanks for the trip!

Hels said...

An darling American friend of mine was coming to Australia for her first trip. She was anxious about snakes, spiders and other wildlife, but knew nothing about jelly fish. On her first day in far north Queensland, days before she was due to travel south to Melbourne, she was bitten by a jelly fish and promptly hospitalised :( As her hostess, I felt a bit responsible.

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful page. Oh, the blues. My favorite color. So many awesome shades of blue. A grey day today. A good day to stay in and create art

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for another brilliant journal page, and there'S lots of geometry in the photos, too. Thanks for syharing! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely art and photos

*Vicki* said...

Wonderful inspiration for your page! Love the transparency you've captured over the dark cardstock and the lettering! Wonderful photos and thanks for sharing!

The Happy Whisk said...

Stunning water photographs and that really does look like a jellyfish. How cool is that?

Shari Burke said...

Really breathtaking photos! How fun to create a travel journal as well.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous journal page Erika and I love all of your lovely blue photos! Hugs, Chrisx

Aimeslee Winans said...

That bridge looks almost exactly likes ours does over the ship channel, wow. Love the blue water there. But I also like that marbled paper and see why you used it. I'll pass on the octopus and I'm not a drinker, either. I don't do sushi, squid, eel, octopus, snake, squirrel or alligator, lol. Hope your week end well. xoxo

Jeanie said...

Whenever I think of Greece, I think of the color blue. They just go together. And boy, did you capture it beautifully!

craftytrog said...

Beautiful art Erika!
And your photos are wonderful. I love all the blue!
Hugs,
Alison

Fundy Blue said...

This post is beautifully calming to look at, Erika, well, except for the evil eyes ~ lol! Just gorgeous photos!