Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Inspired By A Song

 Hi everyone. Happy Tuesday. It's time once again for a new challenge at Try It on Tuesday.

Thank you to everyone who joined  our Rainbow Colors challenge and thank you Chris from Here's One I Made Earlier blog for being our guest designer for our last challenge. Our newest challenge is all about music. Our challenge is

Inspired By A Song


     For my page, I was thinking about the classic tune "Up, Up and Away in my Beautiful Balloon". 

    I made a page with balloons soaring among the clouds.  I started with a dark blue ink pad and then some lighter blue and also some white spray paints. I have an old clear stamp set from Flourishes Rubber Stamps (another company that no longer exists-there's so many-it's sad) that had the balloon on it. I stamped the balloons and colored them in using paint pens. Then to make their structure pop more off the page, I used Staz-on ink and stamped the image again 3 times on some acetate. I fussy cut the acetate pieces and then glued them down over the colored balloons on my page. I finished by adding some  confetti stars to them.

     I drew and fussy cut some clouds. I was trying to figure out how to write UP, UP and Away on my page, but I thought it would look too crowded up among the clouds. Of course later I had a better idea how to add those words, but by then I had already stamped the quote that went with the set containing the balloon. Oh well. 😏

    There is a song by Bryan Adams that came out a few years ago called You Lift Me Up, and it's a good song too,  so if you don't like Up, Up and Away, you could say my page also works for that tune.

      Our challenge at Try It On Tuesday   runs for the next 2 weeks, and since we accept all types of art, we hope you'll be inspired by a song you hear and join us. And if you're stuck for any ideas, please check out all the inspiration from our designers. 
       



21 comments:

Mia said...

Both the songs are perfect for your beautiful page, Erika. Good morning, my friend.

Tom said...

...songs come to mind for me often when I see various things!

Jamie Ghione said...

Love this idea.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love music and art. Very fun journal cover.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, and I love that balloon song. I only went up in a balloon once, never again! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! Loving those hot air balloons floating in the sky, it's perfect for the the song that inspired you 😊. Have a fun April! Hugs, Jo x

R's Rue said...

So beautiful

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love that you spent so much time on those balloons. They are fabulous. The balloons in the clouds would fit either song.

Rostrose said...

Dear Erika,
how beautiful your balloon picture is! And it goes well with both songs!
I also find it very, very uplifting that your bees are doing well :-)
It was a while ago, but you asked me before my blog break whether my grandson was afraid of the animals in the zoo. I don't know if I've answered it yet, but I don't think so: Jamie (like the rest of the family) is a huge animal lover. He is always happy when he can pet animals. In our zoo these are goats and sheep. With tigers and lions and polar bears, he knows that they are behind bars or glass and cannot harm him. But he knows exactly how these animals roar ;-))
All the best after my blog break,
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/04/einmal-um-die-ganze-welt-in-54-tagen.html

Christine said...

Love that song so happy

*Vicki* said...

The sky with the clouds are hot air balloons are super cute! What a fun idea for the song...so happy as your page makes me feel! I love it!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your balloons.
I like both the songs you mention in your post.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Yes, you're right this wonderful page is suited to both songs! I love watching hot air balloons although I don't want to riďe in one! Hugs Chrisx

Iris Flavia said...

Wonderful! Ingo had another song - I must ask him it was about love lifting me higher - thank you for thinking of that again, hugs!!!!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Erika , as you say it works well with both songs you had in mind, air balloons look so colourful but not certain that I would like a trip in one of them, I stay on the ground.
Have a good rest of the week.
Yvonne x

Viv said...

Perfect songs for a great page Erika!

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page! I like both of those songs Erika.
Hugs,
Alison

Neet said...

This is a lovely page Erika. I love the way you have treated the hot air balloons on your page and imagine in real life they look quite different with the glossy overlay.
Both songs work but now I have 'up up and away' running in my head.
Hugs, Neet xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You gave us a twofer with this one Erika, so uplifting (no pun intended..) Those balloons are fab!! Very hard not to let some songs be that earworm we hear all day both catchy numbers.
Wishing you a crafty day Hugs Tracey xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous page and great that it gives inspiration for two songs. Love those balloons in your night sky.
Avril xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great journal page and choice of songs,love all the clouds and hot air balloons.Thank you for the comment on my card for the TIOT challenge-but I did mention the song -Don't eat the Daisies by Doris Day -I put it in brackets next to the challenge link.
Carol x