Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Happy Mail

 Hi everyone.  Happy middle of the week to you.

     No, I didn't receive any happy mail lately, but my art journal page for today is one about getting happy mail. This page was  pretty simple to put together, and I did it while "warming up" before an enjoyable full day of creating.


     The background is just a little bit of watercolor paint. I stamped the postcards. Then I finished my page with some Art By Marlene punch-out images as well as one die cut little envelope that I squeezed in between the hands of the  mail fairy.

     I am linking this page up to Valerie's Geometric Forms challenge at Art Journal Journey. There are lots of shapes here, including the rectangular postcards with rectangular spots for stamps,  the triangular roofs on some of the houses, the pentagon shape on the ladies red glasses, a few circles...etc.

     And that's all from me for today. 

17 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

This is a very beautiful page with just right amount of colours and space...not over crowded.

Tom said...

...happy mail beat junk mail every day.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I cannot think of the last time we received happy mail that actually made us smile. Oh wait, we received a $2,500 check last month that we were not expecting while made us smile, but nothing like you are referring to.

Jamie Ghione said...

I wish I got more happy mail. I miss my Netflix DVDs. That was the closest to happy mail I got in the last several years before they service was shut down.

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute page and what Tom said. Enjoy another day of sunshine before the rains move in.

Mbul Kecil said...

Cute page....i like the little fairy with her blue gown....

Jeanie said...

You depict happy mail perfectly!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece, thanks for another addition to my challenge at AJJ! Hugs!

Christine said...

Lovely page!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed everything about this page. The number of geometric shapes was admirable. I especially loved the houses. It's another wonderful entry for Valerie's theme at AJJ, dear Erika.

sirkkis said...

Really beautifully compost pages, and images are charming.
Have a wonderful day, my friend xx

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful page - I got... hm, dunno, junk or I have really to pay, I need to find out but it was no happy mail - to yours, hugs!

craftytrog said...

A wonderful start to my day seeing this happy and beautiful page Erika!
Thanks for your comment on my prints, I'm glad to have inspired you.
Hope you're having a good week.
Hugs,
Alison

Neet said...

Love Art by Marlene images so this really appealed to me. As you say there are so many geometric forms within your composition and i spotted most instantly. I did miss the spectacles though. Strange as she is the most recognisable of the images as being by Art by Marlene and I was looking at her for quite a while whilst enjoying your page.
Great idea!
Hugs, neet xx

*Vicki* said...

This page is darling! Happy mail is the best for sure! I'm in love with those little row of houses and your colors! How fun!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Still resting my hand from a lotta typing, so I'm also commenting on your bee post. Love that you were able to have some survive!
And what a great way to warm up, a very nice page, xoxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a brilliant page, really cheered me up, lots of shapes for AJJ too, hugs, Chrisx