Thursday, April 25, 2024

Circle Art

 Hi everyone. Happy Thursday.

     Today I have a spread from my Greece travel journal that I am sharing for Valerie's Geometric Forms challenge at Art Journal Journey.  The left side of the spread is from the Acropolis Museum and the right side from the Acroplis itself.


The right hand page has lots of geometry. There is the big rectangle of the book page (that is part of the background and of course I had to buy a used book printed in Greek) as well as the rectangle of the vintage  black and white postcard I added. There are also 3 circles with the gold embossing. Those were from coasters at the hotel we stayed at. I recycled them  and cut away the outer white around the rings.


You can also see my ticket for the Acropolis. It has some cool blue geometric forms on it also.

The left side of the spread is about my visit to the Acroplis Museum. I included the 2 tickets I bought online and printed off just for this journal page. I also included a bookmark and a chopped up postcard both which I picked up in the gift shop. 


The vase was stamped, colored and fussy cut.

I also have one more tag for Sandie's Anything Goes challenge at Tag Tuesday. It also have some circles on it.


I hope that poor woman's thoughts and life stop feeling like they are going round and round. Grin.

     I embossed  most of the background and then inked it. I also used a different embossing folder and embossed the circles and some white paper before I used an old punch to make the circle.  I inked those also. I cut out the number from a sheet of printed paper, added the Art by Marlene lady, and wrote in the round and round words.

That's all for me. Have a super rest of your day.




19 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Erikas, your journal and your photos will be a great reminder of your wonderful trip to Greece. How neat to include your tickets as well.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning love your page. met the challenge and memories of your trip too
Hugs Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful images and geometry. Especially the Golden Ratio of the Parthenon. Enjoy the golden sunshine, even if it's a chilly start this morning

Tom said...

...some days it's easy to feel like we are going around in circles.

Anonymous said...

Lovely geometric page and tag! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Mae Travels said...

Your use of Greek imagery in your collage is really neat. I like the cut-out horses. I also enjoyed the other Greek-trip photos you shared earlier this week. What a fabulous vacation!

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

A great page. You nearly make me search for the old pics of our holiday back then! In my mind I am there, thank you.... hugs

Angie's Recipes said...

I totally love that blue page!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love the cartoon girl. Her hair is so neat, too.

Katerinas Blog said...

What a tasteful journal page you made! You made something so beautiful with recyclable materials!
Have a nice day!

*Vicki* said...

Love your layout with the concept of the shapes and how they also fit with the theme! So fun to added parts of the photos and your tickets! Your tag is so fun too! I love circles!

Valerie-Jael said...

Both pieces are fabulous, and thanks so much for linking to AJJ and Tag Tuesday! Circles are always my faves! Hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

I've missed a couple of days wit my surgery but you know I love your photos of Greece (other post -- all that blue!) and of course I love seeing how you do your journals, which are always just wonderful!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love seeing your travel journal pages, and there are some great shapes for Valerie's AJJ theme. Love the tag too, hugs,Chrisx

Neet said...

What a great idea to link up your trip to Greece with the challenge at AJJ. I love how you have used the rectangles as a shape with your page and with the various tickets etc but what I really do like are the coasters from the hotel. How fabulous they look, and so very Grecian.
Hugs, Neet xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great travel pages and tag. XOX

craftytrog said...

Your Greece spread is a wonderful reminder of your trip Erika! Great use of those coasters from the hotel.
I love your tag too.
Have a great weekend.
Alison

Sandra Wright. said...

An awesome tag,perfect for our challenge this time around at Tag Tuesday.xx

pinky said...

You produce the most interest projects Erika, it's always a joy to drop by your blog. Your tag is just stunning!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky