Thursday, April 18, 2024

Generations

 Hi everyone. Happy Thursday to you. I wrote this post last night, and I hope when this goes live, I feel better than I did yesterday. Thank you hubby for giving me your head cold. 😒 (The good news is he was feeling better within 2 days, so let's hope this cold goes the same way for me. 👍) This head cold is also why I might not have stopped by your blog yesterday.

Today I have  another page for Valerie's  Geometric Forms challenge at Art Journal Journey.

I started today's page using a set of Dina Wakely stamps that I had recently bought. Here's the set.


     When I punched out the face stamps from the entire rubber sheet, I realized I could also use the waste around the stamps as a grid image. It was like getting a whole other (unplanned) stamp set. ❤ You might remember this page from a few weeks back showing the left over grid image. 


     The  page is not my AJJ page for today since I've already linked it up, but I wanted to share the grid I also managed to get from this stamp set because a few of you had asked about it.

OK, onto today's page. 


     You can see I stamped some of the face images along the right hand side of a painted background.  I then die cut the tree, inked and colored it, and added it to my page. To make a ground for it, I added some washi tape and stamped the word "generations" on that tape.  Later I added some gold metallic trim.

      I also die cut the sun like circle, and I added that along with the stamped word "always". Finally, I finished this page by splattering some white paint.

      That's all for me today. I hope you're have a great week so far!







19 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Get well soon! All the best - David

Tom said...

...sharing isn't always the best thing.

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad you're feeling better and better and more better each hour.

Angie's Recipes said...

I love the vintage look of the page today. Hope you feel better soon, Erika.

CJ Kennedy said...

that's cool two for the price of one. Today's a good day to kick back and rest and feel better.

Jeanie said...

I liked how you used the colors. I'm sorry about your cold but glad you are on the mend!

Jamie Ghione said...

Hoping you feel better.

Christine said...

Lovely page! Feel better soon!

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well, get better soon! Your pAGE IS LOVELY! I have some faces like that somewhere - but where? ThNAKS FOR ANOTHER LOVELY PAGE FOR MY CHALLENGE at AJJ, hugs, Valerie.

*Vicki* said...

What a clever way to use the square shaped elements for your page! Love the generation/ancestry story theme! the tree is so pretty! Hope you feel better soon...both of you!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What you show is fantastic, great idea and I wish you a speedy recovery
Hug Elke

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I hope you are feeling better today Erika, good to see it has not stopped your crafty time. You really got your moneys worth out of that stamp set, not one I am familiar with but it all looks so useful, what a lovely play you have had with them all. So clever and inspirational.
Take care of yourselves & here's to a speedy recovery.
Hugs Tracey xx

Mbul Kecil said...

Cute page with that face stamp in black and white ...
hope you get better soon...

Katerinas Blog said...

I really like your page the stamps match perfectly as well as the colors you used. I wish you a speedy recovery! Have a beautiful and creative day🫖🍵!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork. I'm sorry to hear you're sick with a head cold.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read you have a cold. I hope you feel better soon.

I LOVE that background. It is awesome. I also was totally impressed with the splatters. You must know the exact magic amount of paint to water to use, because it really works. This is an awesome entry for Valerie's theme at AJJ.

In my coffee tissue background you suggested that I first use the coffee to stain and then add the tissue and then stain again. What I SHOULD have done was use watercolor paper like I did in the original experiments. Using cardstock didn't give the same effect because it soaked up the water and weakened the cardstock. Thanks for asking, though.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh, I do hope you are all better by now!
Lovely page. For amateur family genealogists like me, it would be quite meaningful.
And what a good thing Dina did to provide a grid as well as the stamps!
Hope your week has good health and sunshine! We're growing lettuce and radishes, coming up so fast. Enjoying little salads every day.
xoxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

I can see you enjoyed making this page, even with your cold. Sometimes hubbies can be just too generous (grin) I'm sure by now you're feeling much better, hugs, 3

pearshapedcrafting said...

Grr! Predictive text! Chrisx