Sunday, April 28, 2024

Sunday

 Hi everyone. I hope everyone is having or had a super weekend.

     Today I want to share my last page for Valerie's Geometric Forms challenge at Art Journal Journey. Thank you Valerie for hosting. I wish we could continue this challenge longer because it was such fun playing with geometry. Also, I'm sending a big  thank you to everyone who has joined in. 

       Of course there is still time to participate in this challenge since it runs through the end of the month, and that is not until Tuesday 

     My page today started by me tracing some various sized circles. Then I used inks, watercolor paints, acrylic paints,  markers, rubber stamps, die cuts  and a white pen around those circles. I finished by using some cut out words.

I am also linking up to Gillena's Sunday Smiles

This past week my daffodils have started to bloom. That is making me smile.




     And my raking is done. 😀Now it is onto the other garden chores. But before I go there, I'm taking a  minute to enjoy how much more green everything has gotten. since last weekend. This next photo is the one from last weekend that I shared this past Monday for T day, and then you can see my garden just 7 days laters in the second photo.



And one more photo for you. The reflection in my gazing  ball is cool.


I just love this time of year when everything is greening, growing and starting to bloom. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and happy start to the new week. 


19 comments:

Tom said...

...your gazing ball is a selfie ball!

Angie's Recipes said...

Happy Spring, Erika, and I hope you have been having fun with all the garden chores. The page looks really love and I like the reflection of that ball...a fun click!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Daffodils seem to be in bloom everywhere here. I am constantly amazed at how many there are in urban woodlands. Perhaps the squirrels have been responsible, or people tossing their garden waste into these areas, with who knows what manner of seeds and bulbs? In any event, they are a splash of colour and will be joined by tulips any day. All the best - David

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful looks like Spring and I love your gazing ball too-enjoy
Hugs Kathy

craftytrog said...

Your page is beautiful Erika! I love the colours and circles.
Our daffodils are finished and the bluebells have taken over the garden now. Lots of other flowers are blooming too.
I love your gazing ball and the cool reflection photo you took.
Have a great new week.
Hugs,
Alison

Christine said...

Nice page and pretty daffodils!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your journal page is so Springy. Your daffodils made me smile and I love your rainbow gazing globe. Starting to clear. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Jamie Ghione said...

Looks pretty!

sirkkis said...

I really love your beautiful page; the layout is in perfect balance and the colors are charming
🥰
How a beautiful blooming of narcissims; they are the first that take a full blooming in gardens - I remember from my own garden long time ago. The ball is 🤩
Happy last of April, my friend 👍

Jeanie said...

Your yard is looking great. I really do love your gazing ball. The reflections are wonderful. Well done with the raking!

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks so much for yet another lovely journal page for my challenge, much appreciated!LOvely to see daffodils again, ours are all gone! Those globes are a great addition to the garden. Here it was warm today, so that was something! Hugs!

Gillena Cox said...

Oh Wow!!! Luv your butterflies and circles.
Nice daffodils too

Thank you for linking to Art For Fun Friday

Much♡love

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my gosh, Erika! So pretty out there. Love it. Very good mix for the book too.

peppylady (Dora) said...

My daffordils are also blooming.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Lovely page with the flowers and circles!
I'm glad you got to get out there and tidy up, even though it was hard work.
The results are very nice!
I love your gazing ball, so pretty.
Hope your last April days are nice. Cannot believe it will be May soon.
XOX

Iris Flavia said...

Great art-work!
I´ll be off to the city this afternoon (maybe) and will certainly take my cam, but daffodils are gone here now, I think... sad.
Great "selfie-ball", as Tom titled - to a great new week, hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely art and the reflection from your gazing ball is brilliant.

All the best Jan

Katerinas Blog said...

Beautiful your circles for the challenge.
Unfortunately I didn't have time to take part.
Perfect selfie on the ball!
Have a nice day.

Mia said...

I think you live in a beautiful place, Erika. Your daffodils are amazing. And I LOVE your page with the bright circles. Hugs, my friend.