Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Rainbow Colors

Hi everyone and Happy Tuesday. Once again it is time for another new challenge at 

But first, thank you Bonnie for being th guest designer for our stencil challenge, and also thank you everyone who joined in. It was a little confusing since the link shut down early, but hopefully that didn't stop anyone from coming back and joining us. 😏

Our newest challenge is
Rainbow Colors


For this challenge I made a journal page using a scrap from a stamp set. You can see the big colorful grid. I had a new set of Dina Wakely stamps. The images were squares with faces on them. When I used the stamps (on another piece of art) I noticed  this cool grid shaped image left behind on the stamp sheet, so I  tried stamping it on my page. The image it made was this great grid. I decided to use watercolor paints and fill in the boxes with some rainbow colors.

I then used both a die cut lily image and some die cut leaves, as well as a different Dina Wakely circular face stamp. I also stamped the postmark circles, the grey circles and the tiny light brown number list.  The 2 beetles (which I added some white to) as well as the special delivery phrase and the little rectangular charge image were other stamps that I used. I also used a pen and outlined the big stamped grid.

Don't forget to check out the other design team's pieces. I love seeing how we all interpret challenges in our own ways.  This should be a really colorful challenge.  And fun too.👍

Our challenge at Try It On Tuesday runs for the next 2 weeks.

I am also linking up to Valerie's Geometric Forms challenge that runs for the whole month over at Art Journal Journey.  Even though at  TIOT  we accept all forms of art,  at AJJ we only accept art journaling, not cards, ATCs, tags, etc. 

Thanks for visiting my blog.




 

22 comments:

Tom said...

...have a rainbow day.

Jamie Ghione said...

Love the pastel colors.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful page! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! The grid is perfect for all those rainbow colours and I love the softness of the colour palette too 😊. Happy April! Hugs, Jo x

Chris said...

An inspired idea to stamp the grid as a background for your page, it looks lovely painted in the rainbow colours.
xx

Mia said...

A very inspiring page, Erika. I really love it.

*Vicki* said...

Such a pretty page! The squares with the colors are so pleasing the eye! I'm thinking Spring with this one! Wonderful inspiration!

Katerinas Blog said...

Beautiful colors, I would say art🌼!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous piece, gorgeous colours! Thanks so much, hugs, Valerie

hels said...

I usually find pastels to be weak, but sometimes they can help achieve your goal really well.

Iris Flavia said...

How fitting! And cute! According to Tom today (Wednesday already) it´s "TODAY IS NATIONAL FIND A RAINBOW DAY."
And to top it: When we got married, Ingo and I, there was a wee bit of rain (in Australian summer something special) and a rainbow! :-)
Hugs to you and your work! Thank you for the memory!

Meggymay said...

I love how you created this beautiful page Erika, the rainbow colours look amazing.
Yvonne

Empire of the Cat said...

grr just wrote a long comment and it came up with an error :( let's see if this works or not

Empire of the Cat said...

OK that worked, here is my real comment. I love your page, and rainbow colours. I saw someone use another of Dina's stamps to do similar but it was circles instead of squares. I was so tempted to get that stamp set just for that reason but it seems to be sold out everywhere lol. Thanks for your visit, about the crutches, I've been on them since day 1, no other way to get around.

Jeanie said...

Athens looks like a busy and bustling place. I love how they packaged the olives! And so many wonderful places to visit. I'm thoroughly enjoying your trip!

Joan said...

Beautiful pages, the grid pattern looks like a paint box , love it

Joan x

Joan said...

My comments keep disappearing!

Love this page Erika , the grid pattern looks like a paint box to me with all those lovely colours

Joan

Jeanie said...

This is so springy and pretty, Erika!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is really fabulous page Erika! I love the colours you have used! It's a great idea and perfect for Valerie's AJJ theme too, hugs, Chrisx

Aimeslee Winans said...

I've read all your posts, just not able to comment on all right now as Honey has been sick. Such pretty pastels and page. And the light in your Greek photos made me remember what I loved about that place. XOX

Neet said...

What pretty pastel colours you have used to colour your rainbow squares in with. I like this page with its extra bits and pieces on it, especially the flower. There is something about 'mail' that I like - that and 'time' have always been two of my favourite subjects when it came to making a card.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, love the grid shape and how you've used it with the rainbow colours.
Avril xx