Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Our New TIOT Challenge

 Hi everyone. It is already time for another new challenge at Try It on Tuesday. Where is the month of June disappearing to?

    Thank you to everyone who joined us for our book page challenge, and thank you Vicki at Stamped Smiles for having been our guest designer.

    For our next challenge, we're going with the season (at least here in the Northern Hemisphere). Our newest challenge is

Here Comes Summer


     Summer makes me think of swimming, whether it is at the beach, a lake or a pool. My page is all about that fun summer activity.

       I started my art journal page with some ink pads. I chose the colors of water, trees and sand. I then used some white paint and painted clouds around the border.  They look a little blue in the photo even though I tried adjusting the white levels (oh no) , but I wanted big white puffy cumulus  clouds that you would see on a beautiful day. 😏

      Then I did something a little different than my usual pages. I dug out some older dies and made a page only using them. I drew in a few details, and the men's bathing suit actually had holes so I added the ties. I also added in some shells to make this a day at the beach.

       I am also joining Matilde at her What Makes You Happy challenge at Art Journal Journey.  Please remember only art journaling (and no cards) are accepted at AJJ.

       I know the weather is nice and people don't think about crafting the same way as you might when it's cold, but if you need any inspiration, check out all the design team's creations. There's lots to  inspire you there as the team is made up of some talented ladies.  I hope you're inspired and join us at Try It on Tuesday also. 

     

23 comments:

craftytrog said...

A beautiful summery page Erika! x

Angie's Recipes said...

Very summery and nice :-) The hot weather finally arrives here too...very sunny and hot!

R's Rue said...

Perfecto

Tom said...

...have a spectacular summer.

CJ Kennedy said...

Fabulous colors. Your page makes me want to go back to Ogunquit. I hope you didn't get the bad storms and tornado the other day. Stay safe and cool.

Jamie Ghione said...

Perfect summer page!

Jeanie said...

This looks like it will be a fun theme, Erika! And I know what you mean about summer!

Joan said...

I love your summer beach theme page Erika, I used to love swimming in the sea( or anywhere) I so miss it! But have memories to lookback at💕


Joan x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! There's nothing better then enjoying the beach, lake or pool during the summer, and your page is the perfect celebration of all things swimming 😊. Wishing you a lovely week ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

*Vicki* said...

Really fun background to place your Summer elements over here! It reminds me of your post yesterday being next to the lake! This certainly does say Summer!! Looks like a fun challenge! Have a great week...stay cool!

Ellibelle said...

Such a great art journaling page with all things summer! Love it! Thanks so much for having me as a guest designer at Try it on Tuesday this time around!

Divers and Sundry said...

Your page makes me want to go to the pool!

Katerinas Blog said...

Lovely and summery!!

Carola Bartz said...

That page really says "summer", Erika. The colors are just perfect. I hope it's not too hot in your corner. I've read about the heat wave that seems to bake a huge part of the US. Thankfully Northern California has been spared so far. Happy Tuesday, hugs - Carola

Rostrose said...

Your page is great, dear Erika. It immediately puts me in a good summer mood and makes me think of vacation, sun, beach and sea.

All the best, Traude

https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/06/weltreise-2024-immer-noch-neuseeland.html

Viv said...

Wonderful summer beach page Erika! x

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a fun page, love how all your colors and elements work well together.
Well, just imagine living all summer like you did last week! Extreme cold and extreme heat are crafting bedfellows, as long as you have central air and heat! I actually create more art this time of year. It was 85F at 5 am this morning. If it ever gets down to the 70's again before October, we'll be acting like it snowed or something, lol. XOX

Iris Flavia said...

To summer!!!! Maybe it warms up and we can... German summer is always too short for water to warm up. Beautiful, happy page - hugs!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

LOVE those teeny weeny bikinis. Nice job on the men's trunks, too. This definitely looks like summer to me. Thanks, also for sharing it at AJJ using Matilde's theme.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely summer page :)

Here in the UK we have been experiencing some hot sunny summer days.

All the best Jan

Meggymay said...

I love your summer beach theme page Erika, it does promise that hot summer is on the way. Have a good rest of the week.
Yvonne

Neet said...

Such a fun page summing a summer's day full of fun perfectly. I love the background and see the fluffy clouds around the edges and I just adore the way you have put a cord in the men's trunks. Inspired! It is a page that instantly brings a smile to my face - perfect colours too.
Hugs, Neet xx

Tom said...

...the memories of your trip will last a lifetime, happy summer.