Saturday, June 29, 2024

Wrapping Up June.

      Hi everyone.  Happy June 29th! It's hard to believe that this month is just about over. Today would have been my parents 67th wedding anniversary. My Mom had a giant candle (thick and tall) that she used to burn every year on her anniversary, so growing up with that, their anniversary date became burned into my brain. I hope  wherever their  spirits may be they are together today reliving a happy moment in their lives. Now if only I could remember without doing the math how many years I've been married. 😉

Today I want to share my last page for Matilde's "What Makes You Happy" challenge at Art Journal Journey

     Thank you Matilde for hosting this past month. You thought of a great challenge theme. I loved it.❤  I also loved seeing all the things that made people happy.  Thank you everyone who joined in also.

     My page today is from my Greece travel journal.  However, it's the main quote that inspired the whole page. I happened to use it for Greece, but it's true for just about anything. Yes, dreaming is a form of planning, and it makes me happy.


     My background is some stenciled tiles which reminded me of many of the plazas with beautifully patterned  walkways. On the left is a piece of tiled designed paper which I cut to fit that edge.  I used a few chipboard items from my stash, as well as a printed acetate sun also from my stash. I finished my page with a couple of stickers (the flag and Greece word) that I picked up during my travels.

      I also have a tag for Pinky's flower theme at Tag Tuesday


I'd noticed a few tags lately that were shaped a little differently, and I liked that idea. ( Aimeslee's was one of them; thanks for the idea!) I have some old Sizzix framelits dies that cut various nested tag-like shapes, so I dug them out and made a couple of tags. Here's one of them. 

I layered 2 of the same shaped tags cut from cardstock. I stamped the flowers using a very old clear stamp set (sorry-I can't remember the maker), and I added some little confetti flowers to the centers of the white flowers. And I stamped the word also. 

I am also linking up to Gillena's Sunday Smiles.
Have a great end of June and weekend too. I'll be back Monday with July's AJJ challenge.



14 comments:

Tom said...

...I wish you a Jolly July!

hels said...

60+ years of marriage is admirable.. your parents have been very loving and cooperative.

Iris Flavia said...

To your parents, wherever they are. Maybe they meet mine and look in smiles to us and say YES to the blogger community :-)
And YES to your quote, have a great weekend, hugs (beautiful tag, too). hugs

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I guess that all planning starts with dreaming, doesn’t it? I am dreaming of doing nothing today, but I suspect that Miriam’s planning will interfere with that! All the best - David

Angie's Recipes said...

Can't believe that June is about to end. Time just flies. Dreaming is a form of planning...I love that.

pinky said...

I love your tiles on your journal page Erika, so pretty! Your tag shape is beautiful and I might have to try that one too. Gorgeous work as always. Thanks for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

CJ Kennedy said...

Great quote and I like the shape of the tags. Hard to believe how fast this month went by! Grey day perfect for cleaning the studio, planning where to put all the stuff, and dreaming if it will ever look neat and clean. Stay dry today

Valerie-Jael said...

Your last page is beautiful, and xdreaming and planning are really the same! Love the pretty tag, too, lovely shape. Been having a bad day - not feeling good. internet went off, computer doesn't want to wake up etc. And on top of that it's hot and humid. Oh well, tomorrow will be better! Have a great weekend, hugs!

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes, I can remember the year I married easily, but exactly how long it's been? No 🤣

I like "dreaming is a form of planning". That'll inspire my dreaming 😊

*Vicki* said...

Beautiful designed AJ page today! Love the background with your stenciled texture it gave! Totally agree that looking forward to something is the key happy things coming for sure! I love the shaped tag too! It's such a fun idea and the flowers are pretty! Happy weekend!

Matilde said...

Lovely page! I'm so glad that you love my theme at AJJ this month 🥰

Jeanie said...

I love the idea of the candle. That's lovely. And your page is too!

Aimeslee Winans said...

LOL, you're welcome, always happy to enable! I love your tag, the layered look is fab and the red centers make everything pop.
Also, your page is so perfect for your journal. LOL, Tim's Mosaic stencil's getting quite the workout lately. I love it in orange and the blue tiles are cool.
Happy Anniversary to your parents! Mine would be celebrating 70 years coming up on July 17. That means we are both getting old, lol.
Happy weekend end new week ahead, xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great way to end the month art wise. I am glad you showed the Greek flag. I love the tiles, too.

What a sweet tag. I like the flowers and the unique style.

Happy belated anniversary to your parents. I hope they are together again.