Monday, August 24, 2026

T Stands for Botanical Gardens, a Vineyard and Lunch

   Hi everyone. Happy new week to you. And hello to everyone who stops by Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's blog for our weekly T Day meet up.

  Today I had my first physical therapy for my shoulder.   I really liked the woman who met with me, although today's appointment was really just doing some analysis on my pain. I go back Wednesday, but she's not quite sure it's my rotator cuff. She thinks it's more my bicep connection to my shoulder.   Kind of the rotator cuff, but not (hopefully) as bad as the doctor made it out. 👍🤞

  Last week was a fairly quiet week. My husband and I met up with blogger Dorothy (The Frog and PeguINN) and her husband Patrick at Pop's on Saturday for lunch since they were in the area, and we were home. It was their anniversary, and they were out celebrating.

  One other day I met up with  my walking friend Jo. She and I went to our local botanical gardens to walk and catch up since I haven't seen her all summer. We both have season passes which makes it convenient. Afterwards we went to lunch at a new place for both of us. Today's post is about my day out with my walking friend Jo.

   Here's a few different botanical garden views, starting with the water feature which runs through part of the gardens.


The water lilies looked beautiful.


And these ground shrubs were not new, but I hadn't seen this funky blue pot design before.


Here's a few more views





And finally, they were cutting the crazy hedge around the bee hives. You knew I had to include them, right? Grin. 😉


   Afterwards, we went to check out the tasting room and restaurant at Flagg Hill Winery. I had never been here before, but since it was only 2 miles/ 3.2 km away from the Botanical Gardens, it was worth seeing if it was a good lunch place.

    They had a very nice covered patio so we decided to eat outside and enjoy the view of the vineyards.


    They didn't have a huge menu, but they did have gluten free options for my friend. We both had grilled cheese sandwiches, with their homemade pickles and  homemade chips.


    For my drink this week, we both had a wine smoothie, made with fresh strawberries and white wine. It was a warm day (86 degrees F/ 30 degrees C), but not humid, and there was a beautiful breeze, so this drink was really refreshing. 


   I thought the glass our drinks came in was really pretty too. 

  That's all for me. Wishing everyone a happy T day and week ahead. 


24 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased to read you've had your first physical therapy appointment. I hope when you go back Wednesday all goes well.
So nice that you got to meet up with Dorothy and Patrick :)

I did enjoy all of your photographs here.
Happy T Day and have a good week.

All the best Jan

Mary Kirkland said...

I love your pictures. The food looks great.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Erika, I hope everything goes well for you!
Your photos are gorgeous, the views are beautiful and the food and drink look delicious! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely tour!

Angie's Recipes said...

I hope the physical therapy helps you lessen the pain and eventually heal the shoulder. The botanical garden looks so beautiful and I love those funky blue pots.

Modrina Neba - Blue sky said...

Erika so beautiful and wonderful, best wishes Andreja!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I do not mean to scare you. But my mom had rotator cuff surgery, and she said it was the most painful surgery she has had, and she has had a lot.

Iris Flavia said...

Great to hear your shoulder-problem might not be as big! Yay for meeting bloggy-friends but... your botanical garden has entrance fee?! It´s nice, though and of course the bees :-)
Nice glasses - have a great T-Day and week, hugs

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Good luck with your therapy. I hope the problem wasn't as bad as originally thought.

Once you have water lilies, they are hard to get rid of. A bit like bamboo! I know from experience, even though those in that water are lovely. I LOVE those blue pots and how they are displayed.

What a great place to choose for lunch. Your sandwich looks delightful, and your smoothie is perfect for T this Tuesday, dear Erika.

Tom said...

...Erika, both you and Dorothy have made me hungry with all of the great food that you enjoyed! Have a supper day,

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a gorgeous botanical garden! I particularly like that meandering narrow waterlily "canal." And a wine smoothie later -- how decadent! I saw those exact same glasses recently in a store and immediately wanted to buy some but alas, I don't need any more glasses and I don't have the cupboard space for them anyway.

R's Rue said...

Looks like a great day was had.

Maria Medeiros said...

Oh what a lovely garden with bees too! your food looks so good and also your drinks! I pray your shoulder gets better and I am glad you are seeing someone for it. Sending lots of strength and hugs your way.

Christine said...

Lovely photos and a refreshing drink, glad you started physio.

Iris Flavia said...

I found this Harry Potter broom, have you seen this, it moves: https://www.facebook.com/reel/1852330382405261

brenda said...

Both sarnie and frosty drink look delish.

B x

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Glad to hear you met with the PT. I'm praying for a complete healing of your shoulder. Quiet weeks are good, and looks like you made the best of yours. The botanical garden you visited looks glorious, and your lunch at the vineyard looks scrumptious. Happy T Day!

Shari Burke said...

Glad your appointment went well ad I hope subsequent appointments help the healing along quickly.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to tell you, the croissant was filled with tuna salad I made.

DeniseinVA said...

I'm glad you have a PT you like and hope the sessions will help. How nice that you met Frog and the Penguin. We have been blessed with two or three get togethers with them and have enjoyed them very much. Your trip to the botanical garden and the winery looked fun. I found myself saying I know I would like that smoothie! Glad you got to see some bee hives too, icing on the cake so to speak. Happy rest of the week to you Erika. I will be back tomorrow to see the critters you mentioned :)

Lisca said...

Such good news that your shoulder is finally being looked at. I hope it heals soon.
What a lovely garden! I love the water feature.
Your lunch looks yummy. I think I should go out and get something to eat too. (I'm in a hotel in Valencia).
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

What a gorgeous place and so cool to catch up with a blogger bud. The wine smoothie looks very yummy. Happy T Day

DVArtist said...

Glad you finally got into your PT. I hope she can help you. This is a stunning place. The food looks fabulous but that smoothie is to live for. I agree the glass is very pretty.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Your lunch looks very good and I am sure a wine cooler helped it down. Perhaps hoisting a few more of them would be just the therapy you need! All the best - David

Carola Bartz said...

I've never heard of a wine smoothie, it looks interesting. I think I would try something like that. The botanical garden is beautiful - I like those blue pots with the succulents. The water lilies are indeed pretty. Last week I went to our botanical garden and their pond is full with water lilies right now. How fun that you could meet up with Dorothy and Patrick!