HI everyone. Happy Thursday. I hope your week is going well.
Today I have a couple of pieces of art for a couple of challenges. First I have a summer inspired journal page for my In The Good Old Summertime challenge over at Art Journal Journey. Then I another tag for Pinky's Fashion challenge over at Tag Along (and ATCs too).
Here's my page for Art Journal Journey.
I call my journal page Beach Wear. It's definitely some vintage styles.
I started my page by using 2 small sheets of 6x6 (inch) summer paper that is blue and covered with some boat/sail flag designs. I used that to cover the white base page I was working off of. Then I used a second sheet of paper that was black and white and covered in summer fashion. I cut that page apart to arrange the fashion on my page. I finished by pulling out my Ciao Bella junk journal book and fussy cutting the girl in her swim suit as well as the colored swim/beachwear pieces. I think the pops of color not only added to my layout but also enhanced the black and white images.
To finish, I outlined the page with a Sharpie. I did not add a quote, even though I thought about it. This is one page in a small journal I made, and since the page was already full with fashion and some fashion "quotes", I decided not to add anything else to this page. Plus I really like the quote that was printed on the paper right at the very top which says "You're In The Swim".
And here's my tag.
This month Pinky's theme at Tag Along (and ATCS too) is fashion. If you don't like fashion you can go with Anything Goes. In the last several years it seems that fingernails are also becoming high fashion. Some women have very pretty nails not only with them painted but also with all kinds of nail art added. I don't do my nails because I don't think they would last more than 5 minutes between me always getting my hands covered in paint, dirt, or assorted other messy things.
My tag today is titled hand fashion.
I cut the tag using an AALL& Create tag die. I used a punch card for the base. This punch card is the kind you would use if you were punching in for a job. After I die cut it, I used an ink pad to color it. Then I took a bottle of Hero Arts liquid watercolor and added some drops of neon pink ink. After those drops dried, I took and orange ink pad and added a bit of color to the tag's edges. I was really hoping to get some good drips from the liquid watercolor, but I had a hard time getting it to run. At least the drops certainly work.
The reinforcer around the tag hole was cut from the tag material scraps and also from the same ALL&Create die set as the tag. I did not color that.
Finally I went for some bits and pieces on my work table. The 2 hands come from a hand die set made by Impression Obsession. I used a pink marker to color the nails. I added the 2 cloth flowers (from some yellow trim) and put small confetti pieces in the center of each. The filmstrip is from a TH roll that I've had forever. And the quote is from an old Flourishes clear stamps set. (Flourishes is another one of those long defunct companies.)
That's it for me today. I hope you enjoy my art view. And thanks for stopping by my blog too.
2 comments:
...the prices sure are vintage!
Love those vintage swimming suits..the blue one on the top left is my favourite. The tag looks fantastic too.
Post a Comment