Hi everyone. Happy Friday. Another week has sped by, hasn't it?
Today I have a bunch of random garden photos to share. I'll be linking up to Friday Face off over at Nicole's blog and also Friday Lunch Break over at Gillena's blog. And just an FYI- this is a photo heavy post!
I'll start with these faces on these wild turkeys. I haven't seen them around for a while. I want to say "They're Back!" 😁
Do you see the grape vine growing over my arbor behind the turkeys? Usually the new growth comes off the old woody vines, and this spring there were none. I thought I'd lost the plant. Then we had a couple days of actual rain, and after that, new shoots came out of the roots. And look at it now. No grapes this year, but the plant certainly wasn't dead.
How about the deep red of this lily flower?
A dragonfly hanging out on a tomato plant.
This year I bought a few plants for a tiny spot next to the deck that usually just filled up with weeds. One plant I bought was a Black Eyed Susan, a favorite plant of mine. It's very happy there and looks amazing right now. Plus there's a face in one of these next photos of the flowers too.
OK, I guess I got a bit carried away with black eyed Susan photos. 😉 Next up some golden-rod with another face, and then another favorite of mine which are now blooming.
Zinnias ❤
The other day I noticed 3 Great Spangled Fritillary butterflies on this one bunch of zinnias at one time. I only captured a photo of 2 of them because one flew off as I walked over in that direction.
These tiger lilies blooms have seen better days, but I still think the flowers are very interesting to look at.
Here's another face on some milkweed.
This first dandelion photo is slightly out of focus, except for one seed that is breaking away over on the left.
You can still see the dandelion break away seed here, but it is not so dramatic.
I visited my daughter the other day, and my son-in-law pointed out this swallow-tail caterpillar that was in his garden.
And to wrap up this post, the son-in-law's sunflowers look AMAZING!
Have a wonderful Friday and start to the weekend everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment