Sunday, August 23, 2026

More Gelli Printing

   Hi everyone. I hope you're having a nice weekend.

   Today I am joining Gillena for her Sunday Smiles and Nicole for her SITAR-Sunday in the Art Room. Last Sunday I shared some Gelli prints. (Here's the post if you missed it: Adventures in Gelli Printing.)  This past week  was another mostly quiet one so I spent an afternoon making a second round of prints. It was  wet and rainy that day so instead of going outside to get some leaves, I  used a variety of stencils. 

   This time I was very happy  with all my pages. No brown YUK like I had on a few pages last week. 😊   Here's a few of my favorites. This first one reminds me of a painting on a brick wall.


   My trick (OK technique 😉) is to never clean the plate. That way  when you pull a print you get bits and pieces from older prints  (I think they're called ghost prints) and spots of colors that were left underneath.  Plus don't use thick amounts of paint, so rolling with a brayer is a good idea.  These  prints are done on student grade watercolor paper, but I have printed on everything from  scrapbook paper, deli paper, cloth and even newsprint. 

 The check patterning this next print is from using the plastic roller I mentioned last week. It's meant to roll even lines in clay, but if I roll it  in both directions on my plate (vertical and horizontal) it creates this pattern.

    The other thing I really like to do is pull a plate, let the design on the paper dry a few minutes, and then repress it back onto the plate and pull it a second (or even third) time.


 I then switched up my stencil.


I switched it up again.



I thought the window shapes in these next few would be great for some Halloween journaling.



   I really liked how the alphabet stencil looked. And the  ghost like rings are made by using a small piece of left over pipe insulation that I dabbed in paint and then "stamped" onto the Gelli plate.



    And here's the final stencil I played with.  In this next image you can see bits of yellow that were just dried on the plate from a previous pull.



   That's all for me today. Have a super rest of your weekend and start to the new week.




3 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Very cool! All of them! To an artry Sunday, hugs

Angie's Recipes said...

Love them all! Would my kitchen towels with the prints..really nice.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You are a very sophisticated print maker! Wonderful work!