Hi everyone. Happy end of September. I know I went away for a week and a half which definitely threw me off, but this month seemed to be the fastest month of 2026 yet.
In this post I want to share my final page for Sharon's Hello Autumn challenge at Art Journal Journey. I also want to say "Thank you" to Sharon for hosting and say "Thank you" everyone who joined in. I don't know about you, but autumn is definitely one of my favorite journaling themes.
My page today started with me cleaning my brush and using up some left over yellow paint. On top of the yellow I splattered some green and brown watercolor paint. Then I used a leaf stamp from a Creative Expression autumn set. I stamped it several times in a light olive green and several times in orange.
I then added a piece of scrap paper to the side of my page. I die cut the bare tree (Impression Obsession) and used a chipboard kitty that I had inked black. To complete my page, I used an old Postmodern design alphabet stamp and then a quote from the same stamp set as the leaves.
And that's it. Have a super last day of the month, and I hope that you'll check back in on the first to see who is our next host and what our new Art Journal Journey challenge will be.
12 comments:
A beautiful page Erika. I love how you added the cat, it gave me memories of a cat of ours who thought it was her life's work to catch the leaves blowing on the wind.
Have a good new month.
Good morning, Beautiful page Erika-hugs
This is funny, Erika, here it´s still green - only a few turn yellow!
Love the black cat, hugs
Erika, enjoy your autumn leaves!
You had me at Ink looking at the falling leaves. I thought the sun was supposed to come out today. Enjoy the day!
Beautiful! I love the autumn vibes.
Ash @ Essentially Ash
The joy of autumn – a lovely page.
Sending you warm regards, Viola.
I love this! I'd frame it and put it out with my autumnal decorations :-) Well done!
So sweet and wonderful. Wish I had known about this. I did loads of autumn paintings this month. You found the perfect kitty and I like the paper with text showing just enough.
-Soma
I really like this one.
Absolutely beautiful page... autumn is here again.
Beautiful page with wonderful Autumnal colours.
All the best Jan
Post a Comment