Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Cherry Hello

OK, a pretty bad pun on a cheery hello, but on this dark and very wet morning, let me show you the cherry blossoms on Al. They are quite cheery for a dreary moment here in New Hampshire.
Al is a weeping cherry tree in my backyard. Now I don't usually go around naming trees, but this was a gift from my co-workers when my dad passed away 6 1/2 years ago, and it was appropriate because my dad loved to work in the yard and he loved trees and shrubs, he wasn't really a gardener per say. So we named this tree after him, a memory of him, and right now he is blooming beautifully.
I suppose I should take a photo  to show you all of Al, but he's a big white bloom right now.
Got to love spring colors!
And now onto my card for the day...which has also got a tree covered in blooms-just like Al.
I used Kim Hughes/CHF stamps for this card. I started by stamping a row of the flowers across the card in a place I might add ribbon or tape. I colored them with Copics. Then I die-cut the diamon and stamped the tree on it, which I colored and also the little bee. I attached the diamond shape on and then used some fun little butterflies. Finally I stamped the saying on white paper, which is not from Kim Hughes or CHF. I actually don't know who made the stamp but it was part of a big set of stamps I won last winter on eBay and its got many encouraging saying on it. So I cut this one out of the paper and then attached it. Finally I added some lilac dots (Viva) onto the corners of the diamond.
So, on another grey morning here in New Hampshire...let me wish you a cheery (or cherry) hello.

No comments: