Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Some Rain and Clouds

The sun is gone for a few days they say...but maybe I'll be more into work...not that I don't work at work, and not that I feel miserable there...but with leaves coming out and grass getting green and daffoldils blooming- who wants to be inside teaching and grading and all that jazz?
Not me...but I will make the sacrifice. (LOL)
So yesterday I came home and made date nut bars (my latest obsession) from dried sour cherries I bought at Costco instead of dates. Those cherries are SO yummy, soft but chewy, sweet but sour. That and coffee flavored frappes...man, think I could live on those 2 items right now.
Some pretty daffoldils blooming right now in my garden. I never used to think much of daffodils, but I have become such a big fan. They just get thicker and more blooms every spring.
And here below is one of the hyacinths blooming also.
So here's a card from the other day I made when I was playing with all my CHF, KIm Hughes stamps. Along with those I also used some from the Kids set at Technique Tuesday that I bought last Friday at the Creating Keepsake Convention vendor show. I like the saying "go out and play" and I don't think it needs to be used just with kids.
 It could be used with me to go out and garden too. Or go to the beach...or take a roadtrip (though right now gas it just about hitting $4.00 a gallon AGAIN...man-o-man. That really hurts at the pump.)
Anyhow...back to this card.
So first I tried out some Tattered Angels spray that I also got at the convention. I've never used it before, and it is fun, gives a little sparkle, though I don't think I've got it all quite down yet. Then I die cut some of this circles with a Nestibilities die I also picked up. I used 7Gypsies graph paper to cut them from...I thought the theme of summer and the beach and going out to play meant putting away all that school/work related graph paper. I stamped the waves (CHF/Kim Hughes) and outlined them with some darker Copic. Then I stamped the bathing suit, sandels and beach supplies-then colored those with Copics. Lastly I used the Technique Tuesday saying stamp and colored the word out. I attached them all on the car, trimmed the saying circle since it was hanging off the sides, and Voila-my card. Not exactly beach weather here today, but a good reason to show you this card.
Since we all are entitled to dream.
So go have your own dream today and make it a good one.


1 comment:

fatmonica said...

Lovely summery card-wish I was there!