Monday, May 30, 2011

Blooming

Flocks from my garden...just gorgeous.
And my azalea is blooming-I have this gorgeous orange plant that came from a little shoot at my parent's house but is now a full sized tree.
And my favorite, though I don't have any in my yard, Lilacs. Love them. They smell fantastic!
And here's another card from the archives...more buggy picnic fare. This card starts with red cardstock and this plaid yellow paper on it. The clock stamp (Time for Tea) is by Stampington, as is the teapot. The bird above the lock is a punch out, and I added a little red heart  stickee (Hero Arts) to the clock. The saying is from a Stampington stamp-its the one with the Queen on it, but I just cut out the saying. That went down then the teapot which I added some flowers too. The bees are from 2 different stamps, the little one is from All Night Media-one of my first stamps (a little set of bugs that I bought about 12-13 years ago when I started stamping) and I don't know offhand who made the bigger bee. And the postmark is from Autumn Leaves. I have a whole set of tea related stamps- just love them-seeing I'm not a coffee gal but a tea gal, and something about them is so wonderfully vintage in a homey kind of way that I just go nuts for them. I guess we all have stamps we tend to lean towards, tea, the seashore, clocks, travel are some that I tend to lean towards. What about you?
Have a great Monday-I am waiting for my hubby and daughter to leave for their Jet skiing fun so I can have some down and quiet time here at the house...its just plain hot and humid right now and cloudy, which keeps it cooler, and they're nerves and bossiness (the daughter's bossiness not the hubby's) is driving me nuts. But they'll be gone SOON.
Have a great Monday!

No comments: