Sunday, May 8, 2011

Less is More-White

I've never made a stamp-less card before, never mind one totally in white. But what a blast. I really enjoyed doing this and it all just seemed to flow quite easily.
So I started with white cardstock for the card base. Then I texturized the background (with an argyle pattern) and then textured some white cardstock with dots and cut the flower from it. I assembled the flower, reversing the middle ring of petals so the dots went downward not up. I think it helped make the flower rings stand out from each other a bit.  Before I attached the flower I put down 2 rows of thin white lace, attaching them in opposite directions to make them into 1 thick lace row with the little lace hearts pointing in the up and down directions. At the top I attached 3 die cut butterflies cut from white cardstock that I did not texturized, and to those I added some clear Viva glass effects to make their bodies and antennae.
I only wish I had some textures or words so I could have added those in white, but I don't think it really needs that. It just would have been nice, that's all.
Thanks for stopping by and looking.

11 comments:

Susan said...

Erika, this is lovely! So much great texture!! Love it!!

Chrissie said...

I'm so pleased that you got to try something new and that you enjoyed doing it.
What lovely textures you have here and your strips of lace are so pretty, I love those tiny hearts!
Just beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Dolly Daydreams said...

Good mornining from Greece.

Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comments. Your card is fantastic , love the embossing and that flower is gorgeous plus the addition of the butterflies , I like the fact that you didn't texturize them. It didn't need anything else it's perfect.

Marie

Deborah Frings said...

So much texture in your card - and I love the butterflies!

Regina said...

You have done a wonderful job... I like the simplicity of the papers used... Thank you.
Reggie X

Zoechaos said...

Texture yummy texture love the simple design makes a very striking card. XOXO Zoe

Pauline said...

Wonderful embossing here, I love that argyle texture!

Kathyk said...

I LOVE that embossing folder - FAB card

Kathyk

Mandi said...

Glad you had a blast!
Your card is super, funnily enough I thought I had this EF, but, found I didn't It's FAB
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Ang C said...

A really beautiful card

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love all the texture on the card and love the butterflies