Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hump Day, already?

Yahoo, this week isn't dragging, and its Wednesday. Katie's home- not for good but they have reading days before exams at UNH and she decided to come home to study since we only live 35-40 minutes away. It nice having her around, at least so far, I should say.
Lately I've been in a mood where I am on myself for not getting more accomplished when I'm home. Like I think the house should be cleaner and less cluttered-(ok, it should be, but it would just get cluttered again if I cleaned it-especially with Kate around too) or the gardens should be all primmed up (gardening is a several month joy, not a rush to get them ready and have them look magazine-ish at all times). So goes the argument in my head. ERRRR.  I need to get over it, but I will say I could clean up some of the clutter up in my studio which is presently flowing into the hall as I clean up the studio...does this make sense? I seem to clean and only make more of a mess.
Beyond those trivial discussions-here's my card for today. In celebration of the garden. I made this by stamping an older stamp I have (either Stampa Rose or PSX-but I think Stampa Rose). Its all once piece, the garden inchies and the cool frame around it. I stamped it on white, colored it with Copics and then used blue ink and a stiple brush to slightly color the inchie background. I then attached my stamped image to some printed 7Gypsies paper in in rusty brown color and trimmed it down to make a little frame. Then I made a turquoise blue card and put a bunch of Tim Holtz paper tape down in a grid pattern on the card. I attached the stamped image and put eyelets in the four corners. Voila. My card. I really didn't think it needed any words on it, makes more of an art piece. Ha!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments: