Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Colorful Pages

And the weekend is over-what a great weekend it has been. I loved having yesterday off. And such FANTASTIC weather-couldn't ask for anything more. I mean, Saturday was first swim of the year, Sunday was first boating day of the year and Monday was first jet-ski of the year. Felt so much like summer I can'r believe I have to go back to work today.
This week is luckily only 4 days-my last week with seniors-though today is senior skip day so lets see how many actually come to school. And Saturday is the BIG yarn and quilting sale at Keepsakes Quilting in Center Harbor, NH and I LOVE to go there and dig through the assorted items on the porch and tent. 
So here's some journal pages to show you from my Arizona trip.
I love these reproductions of this vintage National Park postcards.
So when you look at this page you need to ignore the shadows of the 3 binder rings on the right.
I used some October Afternoon polka dot paper, some sprayed papered (LOVING those Dylusions spray inks-can't you tell?), and some assorted tape. I also die cut the sun (Sizzix) and the little paper tag on the left side of the postcard. I also embellished with a small piece of stained ribbon trim and a piece of acetate that was stamped with a Postmodern stamp, which I cut out a little piece of that and added it to this page.
This journal is getting LOTS of bright colors-which is new for me. But I am finding it fantastic and it really fits the subject matter. I like to pick colors and backgrounds to fit the topic I am scrap-journaling, so the beach got light breezey colors and Arizona, so far, is getting these fabulous bold colors.
Here's another bright bold page.
There's some stenciling, spray ink, some die cuts and a tag.
I love this ring die cut nesting set from QuicKutz.  
Here's a close up.

Getting my hair done today too-CAN NOT WAIT since it is driving me nuts lately.
Thanks for visiting. I appreciate it.



No comments: