Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sunflowers

I love sunflowers. I know they are more of a late summer flower but last weekend I got to playing to with the sunflower stamp that I've had a long time from PSX. I know you can't buy PSX stamps any longer, but too bad since this is a great sunflower. Look at how it appears so 3D when it actually flat.
I embossed this frame (another older stamp) in copper powder and then colored it in brown. Then I added the die cut star, some paper leaves which I made by cutting up a green flower. 
This is actually the second card I made with this stamp that day, and here's the first. This other card is a bit more complex, but as you can see I  carried over a lot of similar features.
And here's another card I made using the same sunflower stamp to make this background. I painted the flowers with some liquid acrylic ink- I love it-it has a metallic sheen even though it is hard to see that shine in most of these. Then I used an older Hero Arts frame stamp (from a set of clear stamp-all similar frames of different sizes). I love this old cattle skull image too- it is an old Acey Deucy stamp, another company no longer producing images. But I love western/southwestern vibe. So more of those die cut stars, the brads, and the sayings on both cards are from Cornish Heritage Farms.
So I am enjoying some sun today!!!!
After a lot of rain, it is time for bright skies.
Last night car hit a deer while driving to pick up her boyfriend. Luckily she was OK and the car isn't too badly damaged. We don't know about the poor deer though. Hopefully she was OK too.
Bright days to you!



No comments: